Used 2002 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Wonderful baby
By An-Drew Boger

2002 Dodge Neon R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wonderful baby. I had a 1995 coupe and it sold me to purchase this 2002 sedan r/t. I love everything about it. Great car for interior and exterior room, gas mileage, handling and head-room. This is a very stylish car too. The price for this car is great for everyones average budget. I strongly recommend it for everyone.

I love everything about this car not just one thing.

Better handling for wet and raining conditions. Due to the fact that if you put on your brakes fast, this car will slide.

Reliable Transportation
By Alexis

2002 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for five years and have had very few problems. It does great on the highway. The only problem I have with it is when the air conditioning is on the acceleration is decreased, but I think this is due to a less powerful engine. I've gotten into a couple of accidents in this car and was pleasantly surprised that there was barely a scratch on my car. I would reccomend this car to anyone who needs affordable a to b transportation.

Best Used Car for the Money
By carnut

2002 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I think that these Neons get a lot of negative publicity because of the Toyota/Nissan/Honda owners out there. For a used car though, I would rather buy a Neon for $4,000 than an Import for $7,000 any day. You can't beat it for the value and the more I drive mine, the more I like it. Mind you, it isn't worth buying new and if I did, I'd buy the Honda Civic but resale value works in favor of the used car buyer too, and I lucked out with my Neon. I would definitely buy the Used Neon over the Used Civic any day.

The seats are extremely comfortable for a low-end car. It is very roomy and feels much better than it really is. It also rides and handles nicely, and has decent acceleration. Very good car for the money (very good car anyways, even if money isn't involved)

Gas mileage. In its defense, I drive in LA and I only live about 1.5 miles away from work (I need to buy a bicycle). I think it would do much better on the highway.

Horrible Car
By Janice

2002 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am constantly having to take this car into the shop for brakes to get fixed over and over again. My Insurance told me that they had to raise my insurance because of the type of car. They said if I was ever involved in an accident the car would pretty much be totaled because it was made cheap. I also though having a smaller car would mean better gas, boy was I wrong. I am trying to get rid of it ASAP. For anyone looking, do not buy, it is terrible.

None

Everything

Little engine that could
By Redjaseak08

2002 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my Neon from day one, I bought it used when it had 43000 miles on it, I now have 80,300 miles on it. The only mechanical problem I have had with it has been the clutch, which was replaced for $700.00 and that was due to letting inexperienced friends drive my manual. I live in Alaska, and this car has done me well. I haven't been stuck, it has great control and still drives likes it's right off the lot. It's affordable in the following aspects, gas, inurance and general maitenance. I would reccomend this car to anyone who needs a commuter car or just an everyday ride.

Control on and off the highway. Heater works great which is good for Alaska. Great gas mileage, I fuel up on average every 385 miles thats city mixed with highway.

I would like to see comfy seating, the seats they have in it are too stiff and hurt your back and seat after long drives.