Used 2002 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

it's o.k I guess
By um, idk. its... um

2002 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

O. K, I have a 2002 Dodge neon. My brother gave it to me because the tranny went out. So I got it rebuilt for 1500 dollars. Now I still have it, when I turn sharply enough the engine light comes on, then goes off when I straighten up. It shakes bad on the highway and when I get to 55. The alternators going up, hopefully no time soon, but the lights on. Um, I got a performance muffler and took the airbox off and a performance air filter, so when I give it some gas it sounds excellent; for a 4 cylinder. My recommendation though... Get another car. Why spend 3250 on this when you can get a civic or something?

... um, the sound. That I had to buy aftermarket. So technically, nothing. lol

Bigger engine, more reliability. Make it a tad bigger but no more weight.

Excellent Car
By Good Times Ride

2002 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This fun car has given a bargain for my dollar. It is well designed for a commuter car. No problems other than normal use repairs. Great car for the price. Need to have more of them for our expensive economy. It's confy an stylish as well.

Nice interior, stylish

None

Wonderful baby
By An-Drew Boger

2002 Dodge Neon R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wonderful baby. I had a 1995 coupe and it sold me to purchase this 2002 sedan r/t. I love everything about it. Great car for interior and exterior room, gas mileage, handling and head-room. This is a very stylish car too. The price for this car is great for everyones average budget. I strongly recommend it for everyone.

I love everything about this car not just one thing.

Better handling for wet and raining conditions. Due to the fact that if you put on your brakes fast, this car will slide.

Reliable Transportation
By Alexis

2002 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for five years and have had very few problems. It does great on the highway. The only problem I have with it is when the air conditioning is on the acceleration is decreased, but I think this is due to a less powerful engine. I've gotten into a couple of accidents in this car and was pleasantly surprised that there was barely a scratch on my car. I would reccomend this car to anyone who needs affordable a to b transportation.

Best Used Car for the Money
By carnut

2002 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I think that these Neons get a lot of negative publicity because of the Toyota/Nissan/Honda owners out there. For a used car though, I would rather buy a Neon for $4,000 than an Import for $7,000 any day. You can't beat it for the value and the more I drive mine, the more I like it. Mind you, it isn't worth buying new and if I did, I'd buy the Honda Civic but resale value works in favor of the used car buyer too, and I lucked out with my Neon. I would definitely buy the Used Neon over the Used Civic any day.

The seats are extremely comfortable for a low-end car. It is very roomy and feels much better than it really is. It also rides and handles nicely, and has decent acceleration. Very good car for the money (very good car anyways, even if money isn't involved)

Gas mileage. In its defense, I drive in LA and I only live about 1.5 miles away from work (I need to buy a bicycle). I think it would do much better on the highway.