2002 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
pc review
By 3rdneonowner on 02/05/06 14:03 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Neon (1995 sedan & 1999 sport coupe previous). Nice body style, decent power. I am still wondering what the 4th gear is for, it doesn't seem to have much difference from the 5th gear. Like most other folks, I found the brakes to sqeak too much. The left rear drum break will rust if driven through much water and lock up the rear wheel. The car had to be flat-bedded to the dealer. They took it apart and found nothing wrong(?). It still locks up some, but not the same extent. The gas mileage is lower than my other 2 Neons, go figure. Car is dependable however, and I plan on many more miles

God help us all
By milent on 10/19/05 20:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car less than two years ago with 30k on it and as soon as I reached 36k and my warranty expired, this car was nothing but a pain. It leaks, had to replace radiator, transmission went bad at 52K. It became increasingly noisy. It goes fine when alone in it, but two more people get in and it seems like it is pulling the trailer. It is relatively cheap. I say relatively because you are going to spend a lot on repairs. never gonna buy another.

Don't Buy One
By BeckyP on 10/12/05 16:21 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Less than 4 years after purchase this car has been nothing but problems. I just recently had a head gasket replaced, the head itself, and now the solenoid pack in the transmission. Thankfully all covered under warranty. Brakes went-cost $800, battery, tires. I take extremely good care of this car. I always have the oil changed every 3000 miles, spark plugs done, tires rotated, alignment checked, etc. This car has cost me more for being brand new than my 1990 Toyota(bought it in 1995) that I had for 7 years and way over 100,000 miles ever did.

Nothing to complain about
By 2NRXTC on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a used fleet vehicle according to carfax. It had 35k on it and I just paid $5500! I've driven the car for about 10k and haven't had the slightest problem. Had a '95 neon up to 140,000 miles without any problems. Cheap, reliable, fun to drive. What could be better?

a bargain for the price
By donuts on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

most underrated compact car. a good bargain for used car.

Great bargain and fun to drive
By My 2002 RT on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Only a few problems. It was a month before a bad clutch cyl went bad, fixed ok since. Radio went bad around 20,000. Reverse back up sensor went bat around 30,000.

great car...great value if used
By mikesurf on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Remarkably roomy with very good seats Great handling, and the 4 speed trans makes the car feel so much better than earlier ones I drove as a rental. Now has 27000 miles and no hint of squeak or rattle, except for squeaky brakes which I hear is common problem with Neons. NOTE: I bought mine one year old--SE so has power wind/lk/mirrors--for just $8,600. Nearly new Neons seem to have terrible resale value, so perfect cars to buy used. Unless you are even fussier than I am, buy one used and save

Neon Good for the Money
By silverneon on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Neon. It is sporty and fun to drive. I have not had any major problems yet at 19,000 miles. Compared to others in it's price range-- best buy.

She's so Cute
By Jessica Pearce on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little red neon! I just bought it this week due to my saturn (which I loved as well) being totaled in a car accident. It is perfect for me being a college student, yet it is still o so cute and fun to drive! Gas is ok...not as good as my saturn, but that's what happens when you upgrade a little. If you are looking for an inexpensive, yet fun and cute car...the Neon is the way to go!

Very nice
By GoodFriendOrion on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had the car long, but it has been wonderful so far. The body design is sleek, the car runs beautifully, and the interior is quite comfortable (my last car was a '72 VW Beetle). Very much worth the money.