Used 2002 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

showroom lemon
By AngelsAmongUs561

2002 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

idles rough. electrical problems, transmission shifts rough. stalls randomaly. cv joints bad allready. rear brakes make loud noises. dealer claims nothing wrong with car. do not buy a Neon, big waste of money, will be trading in for another chevy cavalier, wished i kept my 95 chevy

keyless entry, stereo, cruise control

drop the neon se line

a great car for aworking family
By carrieoki

2002 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this car has been very dependable it rides very smooth and handles well even in the snow

look

more fuel efficent

What was I thinking?
By mommymobile

2002 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I liked it at first, don't get me wrong. I've had the car for a year. The sunroof has already broken once. My volume radio gets louder when I try to turn it down. The brakes squeak something awful. And what's up with the rattling? It sounds like my used Cavalier I had seven years ago!!

I love the CD changer and the sunroof. My kids say the car looks cool. They are 4 and 2.

It would be nice if the rear passenger doors had power windows. The gears for the manual transmission also need to be fine tuned. It's extremely "choppy".

By gonwildondatyfs

2002 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Neon is one of the best cars ive been in when it comes to wrecks. On Nov.7 2003 i was in a wreck in one the guy that hit us was doing 40 mph and distroyed his car and held up like othing ive ever seen. it broke the back bumper and put a little buckle in the quarter panels but other then that it held up nice. If your a family person trying to find a safe car the neon is it.

the reliabity, the performance the looks overall a nice car

bigger interior

Another good one
By jefferson

2002 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car about a year ago with 17K. No repairs have been needed, just routine maint. It is really at its best on curvy roads, the suspension/tire combination handles the sharp turns well. Nice power when it is just me in the car but when it is loaded down I miss my'99 with the DOHC engine.

Good handling, less noise thanks to the 4-speed trans and full frames around the windows.

The original Goodyear tires have not worn well and need to be replaced (30K). It was a rental so the tires could have been subject to some abuse before I got it. We will see how the Coopers perform.

• SUV