Used 2002 Dodge Neon ACR Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Most fun driving... ever!
By ScarletKnight

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ACR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Cheap fun in plain clothing is the Neon ACR. The 150 horses moves that car faster than a Neon should, and it handles like cars costing three or four times as much. The only giveaway to your ACR status is dual exhaust tips. That, and showing your taillights to nearly any Honda that tries to pass you.

Favorite Features

The engine and suspension are truly high points. This car is made for autocrossing, so daily commutes and long drives are just so much more enjoyable now. The car's performance is clearly my favorite feature, but it's also a very affordable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Side mirrors need to be more adjustable outward, the 1.5 DIN radio size makes aftermarket shopping difficult, the build quality isn't what it should be, and stock tires should be better.

ACR Two Year Review
By yamura

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ACR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Neon, one of the cheaper cars I ever bought but probably is the most fun of all to drive. Excellent seat-steering wheel- pedal realtionship, comfortable seats, blazing quick if you want to drive it that way, outstanding handling, economical, and this one has been dead stone reliable.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive quotient, reliable, economical

Suggested Improvements

It could use longer legs for highway cruising. Replacements for the OEM tires are very hard to find.

Best money I've ever spent (on a car)!
By BrightApollo

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ACR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned lots of other cars, and the most fun I'd had was with the '79 Starfire and '95 Neon, because they were awesome on gas and could put (a little) power to the ground and corner extremely well. The 2002 Neon ACR is the pinnacle of cheap fun. It has 75hp/ liter so you're not shortchanged on power, but it has adjustable suspension so I can set this car up for autocrossing in an hour. People who look at it and think "rental car" usually only get to see my taillights the rest of the way. And I scored it for $11,5k certified used with 1300 miles on it. It pays to shop!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, cornering are superb. Improved console and dash over 1st generation. Improved airflow makes forced induction an easy modification. Comes with 15" tires already, and since it's an ACR, you get race-ready parts covered under a factory warranty.

Suggested Improvements

DEFINITELY improve the side view mirror angle on driver's side (it doesn't kick out enough for an upright 74" tall driver); should come with better rubber out of the factory; dual-port exhaust looks nice, but a real twin-muffler would make it an easier car to upgrade for racing.

Great car
By Bfett4eva

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ACR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Neon. I love this car. It is so much fun to drive and people underestimate it's potential. The ACR and R/T are very reliable and priced great and have alot of power. I'm going to keep my first Neon and going to modify my ACR (American Club Racer) for autoX.

Favorite Features

Everything from the power to the awsome handling.

Suggested Improvements

More power always more power

Compare All 3!
By oldcarman

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ACR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle blows the doors off the Fords, Saturn (joke) or Asian imports, & you can put one inside a Neon with room to spare! It has been dead nuts reliable, the dealer has stood behind every problem which were very few. It is one of the very fdew vehicles in this class that fits Americans. Just because I donn't want or need to spend $25k doesn't mean I shrunk to the size of a typical Japanese or European. It also doesn't look like "committee" styling. It has been a great value!

Favorite Features

Reponsiveness in handling & engine

Suggested Improvements

better colors, not "gr-eige" interiors