Used 2002 Dodge Neon R/T Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

The silver bullet
By Robert

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

in 2006 i bought a 02 r/t with 150k i have never had a problem out of the car and the previouse owner did not either. in fact the factory battery last up till the spring of 09. car is fun to drive very comforatable inside. has decent acceleration, not so bad MPG. for how much they cast it is a great car. beats the cost to own a 00- 03 civic to!

Bucket Seats, Fold down rears, sporty look

power rear windows. stonger motor maybe a 2.2 magnum instead of of 2.0 mag.

Please stay away from Neons.
By Hikerman95

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my Jeep Cherokee for a 2002 Neon R/T 4 cyl 5 speed. bad move. the gas milage was better, but the car was not. The wheel bearing needed replacing, all my electronics shut off one day on the highway, including my spedometer and gauges, on top of that, my e-brake failed, and the brakes were trash. I was just in an accident yesterday, and the whole front end was demolished. (at 25 mph) The airbags never deployed, and the brakes didnt want to work til the last second when it was too late. do yourself a favor and stay away from Neons. I thought the R/T would be a good one, but I was wrong. Thanks dodge.

The dual exhaust was cool. Thats it really.

Better brakes, better transmission, better electronics, pretty much a do- over of the whole car.

Wonderful baby
By An-Drew Boger

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wonderful baby. I had a 1995 coupe and it sold me to purchase this 2002 sedan r/t. I love everything about it. Great car for interior and exterior room, gas mileage, handling and head-room. This is a very stylish car too. The price for this car is great for everyones average budget. I strongly recommend it for everyone.

I love everything about this car not just one thing.

Better handling for wet and raining conditions. Due to the fact that if you put on your brakes fast, this car will slide.

Great bargain and fun to drive
By My 2002 RT

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Only a few problems. It was a month before a bad clutch cyl went bad, fixed ok since. Radio went bad around 20,000. Reverse back up sensor went bat around 30,000.

I've had a great time with this car. I'm 36 yeas old and still a kid. I've done some bolt on mods like intake, exaust, springs, and so on. Great car and cheap fun. The 87 12 sec. shelby charger sits in the garage next to it.

Thicker carpet, update the dated shifter and transmission bushings.

Good Car for the Dough
By Stain

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the price it doesn't get much better. Comes with a very high top speed for smaller car. Very fun to drive. Only complaint is thins are starting to raddle at 13000 miles.

great interior and exterior design, good stock sound system. Sport suspension and high compression engine makes this car seem like a sports car.

Typical Domestic Car, Cheaping out on rear power windows.