2002 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Great Car! I recommend highly!
By roodieb on 03/27/12 12:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 24K miles on it and have put almost 120K on it since then. I commute 60 miles round trip each day and spend alot of time on the road. While the ride is not as smooth as some would like, the handling of the car is good and the reliability has been terrific. I have not had any major repairs that have needed to be done, but have replaced the normal wear parts like tires, brakes and battery. The car handles great in the snow and also on wet roads. The body style is attractive and the lines are clean. The blind spot view is a little limited by the fast back style as well as by the rear spoiler. Once you are used to this and compensate for it, it is not a problem.

My Blue Boy
By Miss on 01/07/09 11:54 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 in 2002, brand new. I love the way it handles and I love the mileage. I've had problems with transmission and just recently one of my back brakes. But it's all wear and tear. Now it's fine and rides great. It handles great in any weather. I got a total of 137,000 miles and it's still going.

Very reliable car
By Court920 on 07/16/08 16:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my neon used, i loved the thing, i never had any problems with it. I bought a Mazda and had so many problems with it, i wish i would have kept my neon!

Best Used Car for the Money
By carnut on 06/05/07 23:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I think that these Neons get a lot of negative publicity because of the Toyota/Nissan/Honda owners out there. For a used car though, I would rather buy a Neon for $4,000 than an Import for $7,000 any day. You can't beat it for the value and the more I drive mine, the more I like it. Mind you, it isn't worth buying new and if I did, I'd buy the Honda Civic but resale value works in favor of the used car buyer too, and I lucked out with my Neon. I would definitely buy the Used Neon over the Used Civic any day.

She's so Cute
By Jessica Pearce on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little red neon! I just bought it this week due to my saturn (which I loved as well) being totaled in a car accident. It is perfect for me being a college student, yet it is still o so cute and fun to drive! Gas is ok...not as good as my saturn, but that's what happens when you upgrade a little. If you are looking for an inexpensive, yet fun and cute car...the Neon is the way to go!

Fun little inexpensive car
By Jwfirebird on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

good car for driving alot of miles good acceleration, handling

Not Satisfied
By hoody19 on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car, and it will be my last new car from Dodge. I bought this brand new, and have had troubles from the begining. My car rattles from all corners of the car, and all 4 doors. Not a big deal you might say. But when u can hear the rattling over the stereo, it can drive u insane.

Great little car
By Richie on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car, very spacious due to long wheelbase. Have the ES model like a car that does not look like an import. Great radio and CD player. Would like a little more power though. Very comfortable on long trips.

All in all great!
By MichaelAstrid on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a wonderful little fuel econmy vehicle. This is my second Neon and I really enjoy the improvements made for 2002.

Bad experience
By susieQ on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in may of 1999. It drives great, but not even a couple of months later the horn needed to be replaced. Within the first 6 months i had the car the horn was replaced 5 times. A few months later the power steering pump was replaced. In june of 2001 the head gasket was replaced. Than in January 2002 the head blew and the timming chain broke and had to be replaced. Than in may of 2002 the main rear seal started leaking and now has to be replaced. There are to many problems with this make and model of car. m