Used 2002 Dodge Neon Base Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

I love my little neon
By jackie

2002 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very reliable an comfortable to ride in,i bought mine new an now after 13 years still driving it.

They should've Dodged this Neon!
By Matthew

2002 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I can honestly say that this has to be one of the worst cars Dodge ever built. My fiancé and I bought ours when it was 10 years old, it only had 90,000 miles on it though. Ever since it was bought, it has nothing but problems. The owner before us was an old lady who had pasted away. She treated the car like it was her first born child so I know the issues didn't come from her driving it. The transmission is terrible. It slips, backfires, and sometimes doesn't even go into gear. The engine has terrible power and constantly leaks oil. The coolant tank leaks. The electronics are terrible. Interior lights don't work anymore. Interior is cheaply made. The dash has bubbles all over it. The back windows leak whenever it storms which makes the inside of the car soaked. The engine is extremely loud, it sounds like you have all the windows down whenever you're driving it. The car vibrates, shakes, and knocks. Headlights have terrible visibility. The only thing that's decent in this vechicle are the speakers. It has a great, stock sound system. The reason I'm writing a review on a 14 year old car is because they're cheap to buy now but I honestly wouldn't waste $500 on this car because you'll end up putting 10x that in repairs. Stay away from this car. It shouldn't have ever been made.

dodge neon 02
By nicole30

2002 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car was great at first(80,000), but after a year with 111,000 miles on it, had to surrender to pick n pull....This car will need extra special help if you want it to last. Cheap, but not a good choice if you want a soid car.

none

extra specia transimssion care

Since 2002
By menifee3

2002 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car since 2002.
It runs incredibly fantastic.
No problems since ownership.
I have nearly 90K miles on it and take it into L.A. every day.
Runs smooth, 35 mpg Hwy (Higher than officially rated), and an unbelievable air conditioner which I can only run on low, even on hot days, because it get's so cold in the car.
The AC is better than the one in my Mercedes!
While far from being a chick magnet, this car is the most reliable car I've ever owned.
And I'm keeping it!

Air conditioner, reliability, gas mileage.

None. Don't mess with perfection.

Good at First...
By eamin637

2002 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my neon almost 3 yrs ago, at first it was nice and it got me around. I got it with 79,000 miles on it. Within the first week the dash got bubbles in it. After that it ran okay, hard, long start and misfiring every once in awhile. 1st yr I had to replace the brakes, rotors, tires, and bushing cost $700. The next year just new bulbs $10. Recently before I got rid of it I had to replace the struts, tire rod, brakes again, stabilizer pin, emergency brake and radiator $900+. I had the final straw when I finished fixing all of that and the catalytic converter went out.. I was terrified of driving the car and I took good care of it with regular maintenance. I would not recommend this car.

Plenty of Cup Holders (4).