Used 2002 Dodge Neon ES Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Great Car! I recommend highly!
By roodieb

2002 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 24K miles on it and have put almost 120K on it since then. I commute 60 miles round trip each day and spend alot of time on the road. While the ride is not as smooth as some would like, the handling of the car is good and the reliability has been terrific. I have not had any major repairs that have needed to be done, but have replaced the normal wear parts like tires, brakes and battery. The car handles great in the snow and also on wet roads. The body style is attractive and the lines are clean. The blind spot view is a little limited by the fast back style as well as by the rear spoiler. Once you are used to this and compensate for it, it is not a problem.

Handles well in snow and rain. Attractive body style. Comfortable seats. Great standard AM/FM CD player. Ease of use of the instrument panel. Easy to manuever and to park.

If the car were still in production I would recommend a little large engine, so that acceleration onto interstates would be quicker, but the standard 2.0 was good also.

My Blue Boy
By Miss

2002 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 in 2002, brand new. I love the way it handles and I love the mileage. I've had problems with transmission and just recently one of my back brakes. But it's all wear and tear. Now it's fine and rides great. It handles great in any weather. I got a total of 137,000 miles and it's still going.

The exterior, the handling and mileage. The price.

Very reliable car
By Court920

2002 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my neon used, i loved the thing, i never had any problems with it. I bought a Mazda and had so many problems with it, i wish i would have kept my neon!

Radio, sporty feel

none!

Best Used Car for the Money
By carnut

2002 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I think that these Neons get a lot of negative publicity because of the Toyota/Nissan/Honda owners out there. For a used car though, I would rather buy a Neon for $4,000 than an Import for $7,000 any day. You can't beat it for the value and the more I drive mine, the more I like it. Mind you, it isn't worth buying new and if I did, I'd buy the Honda Civic but resale value works in favor of the used car buyer too, and I lucked out with my Neon. I would definitely buy the Used Neon over the Used Civic any day.

The seats are extremely comfortable for a low-end car. It is very roomy and feels much better than it really is. It also rides and handles nicely, and has decent acceleration. Very good car for the money (very good car anyways, even if money isn't involved)

Gas mileage. In its defense, I drive in LA and I only live about 1.5 miles away from work (I need to buy a bicycle). I think it would do much better on the highway.

She's so Cute
By Jessica Pearce

2002 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little red neon! I just bought it this week due to my saturn (which I loved as well) being totaled in a car accident. It is perfect for me being a college student, yet it is still o so cute and fun to drive! Gas is ok...not as good as my saturn, but that's what happens when you upgrade a little. If you are looking for an inexpensive, yet fun and cute car...the Neon is the way to go!

She's red! With black interior (my favorite) and she has a cute spoiler and allow wheels! AND a 5 CD changer! Who could ask for more!?

um...nothing as of now. I just biught her.