2001 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Great Value

2001 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Value
By The Shamus on

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Neons generally have a bad reputation. My 2001 was purchased new, and I have replaces two tie-rod ends and a fuel pump switch. I had a bad battery replaced under warranty. The interior is roomy for my large 6 foot 2 frame and the seats are more comfortable than anything else I drove in this range. I have 100K miles on this car, and it still responds well. The front disc brakes and exhaust are all still factory original. It does not handle deep snow well. I've come back to a dead battery a few times for an unknown reason. The radio is upgraded and works well. Infinitely more comfortable and spacious for the passengers than my wife's Corolla.

Favorite Features

Soft, wide comfortable seats. Lots of drink holders, interior lights. Stylish dashboard. Reliable vehicle. Four disc CD changer rocks, good sound, absorbs vibration well. Good acceleration from stopped position. Back seat is comfortable for adults.

Suggested Improvements

Not a huge selection of tires for this car. No lever around the dash to pop the trunk. The wires to the battery are extremely short if you want to repair or replace them.