2001 Dodge Neon 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - GM Dependable. Who would have

2001 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

GM Dependable. Who would have thought?
By bdiddy1 on

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as a used car with 40K on it in 2003. It now has only 68K in the last 5 years. Except for one splurge for new car parts which has extended its life, I have to say I'm really pleased with this car. It's not great in the snow but it can handle most things. I really like the moon roof although there are some issues with the switch. If you don't have to drive a lot and just want a reliable car with some sporty features, then this is a solid, good car. It's not a clunker because of its gas mileage and that's another good feature. With some eco driving, it's a fairly clean car.

Favorite Features

Moonroof is my favorite feature. I don't use it much but on a Spring, cool day it's COOL!

Suggested Improvements

It has a tendency to not start sometimes especially in real cold weather. No reason for that. Oh, and the tires are like the top of the line tires in the sense that they are going to cost you. Within the first few months of owning it I had to replace them. Yep!