2001 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews 5

2001 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

SE 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
This car handles GREAT!
By neonguy on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car runs excellent... I put about 100 miles a day on it and use a fraction of the tank of gas. In the snow, it handles great- it helps to put weight int he trunk in the neons, as they seem light in the trunk. Highly reccomend this car to anyone for a reliable, safe, and peppy little car.

Great Car
By Mkfax on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the BEST economical car that I have ever owned! It looks sporty but at the same time the price is less than that of a real "sports" car. It has a lot of "guts" for a little car. I live in the mountains and it is great going up and down the hills.

Reliable Transportation
By Ozgurozayvar on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Cheap,reliable vehicle.I have 14.000 miles without any problem.

CHEAP CAR
By lofty08 on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this vehicle for my wife to commute back and forth from college approx. 100 miles round trip. Price was $10,000.00 brand new. After six months the battery died. After 36000 miles water soaked trunk and rear passenger floor after rain. Very very poor fit and finnish of body panels. Don't get fooled by the cheap price. You get just what you pay for. A piece of junk..

it's okay
By momma on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a comfortable car for a teenager!

Can't go wrong with this one
By SpyderWeiss on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my neon, i've had it for 10 months now. Great ride, plenty of power. More than any car in it's class, including civic, echo, corolla, metro, well, you get the idea. Engine makes great noise, gotta love that american power. Only thing i regret about buying it is now dodge is coming out with their srt 4 version, so it looks like i'll be selling it asap to upgrade :)

My experience with my R/T
By Chesta on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A good car despite some negative reviews I've seen from some car mags. (Car and Driver who I can only assume has some axe to grind with DC) This car is fun to drive, has more power and outhandles all others in its price range. I can run circles around Cavaliers, Focus Zx3s, and Civics all day long. By far the most bang you'll get for your buck if you're looking for performance.

Sharp little car with common pep
By 01rtman on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sharp little car with nice body stlye. Engine isn't any faster than any other car in it's class. So far 19,000 miles and no problems except for a a/c compessor switch and recalled brake vaccum line. Stock tires only lasted 11,000 miles. Slim selection with stock tire size. Went to a wider selection, 205/50/16, car handles better. Should have come with a Turbo option, really needs extra pep. Fortunately, companies like Hahn Racecraft are developing such systems. Stock suspension is pretty good. Interior is kind of cheap, but very roomy. Trunk space is plenty for it's class.

Slick Car
By John Pouwels on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good small car, roomy in the back and good trunk Good engine - Power Slick looks

My Neon R/T
By ListerofSmeg on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just drove my to Central California and back (to Seattle). It handled beautifully. The R/T kept it's speed of 70 mph up a 5% grad hill over a span of about four miles! It took all the turns and bumps with very little effort. I only had to fill the gas tank 6 times on a 2600 mile round trip (that's about 433 miles per 12.5 gallon tank)! Overall, I absolutely love driving this car and so do all of my friends.