2001 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

SE 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
2001 Neon, I bought new
By gtohrl on 03/24/08 11:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

No major problems with this unit. Typical maintenance, tires and battery, really didn't need one yet but replaced for peace of mind, and that is about it. Replaced all four struts, added brace bars front and rear and added inserts to the motor mounts. Radio went bad after 6yrs. Easily replaced. Has paid for it's self as far as I am concerned! The whole vehicle, I mean to say.

Nice car
By Neons_rock on 09/10/07 15:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Neon for about 2 months now and I've never had any trouble with it. I bought this car with a bad transmission because it was really beaten and was in a wreck. I purchased a used transmission and it was good to go. It's really zippy and a great driving car. It is a little bit noisy but it's a great deep fun car noise.

Great Value
By The Shamus on 04/10/07 10:12 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Neons generally have a bad reputation. My 2001 was purchased new, and I have replaces two tie-rod ends and a fuel pump switch. I had a bad battery replaced under warranty. The interior is roomy for my large 6 foot 2 frame and the seats are more comfortable than anything else I drove in this range. I have 100K miles on this car, and it still responds well. The front disc brakes and exhaust are all still factory original. It does not handle deep snow well. I've come back to a dead battery a few times for an unknown reason. The radio is upgraded and works well. Infinitely more comfortable and spacious for the passengers than my wife's Corolla.

Outstanding Value
By JR on 03/24/07 22:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Neon was purchased brand new with 38 test drive miles. I loved it in 2001 and I love it now. Value for the money and low maintance costs and upkeep is awesome. With 58000 miles I have put roughly $3500 worth of upkeep into. That includes tool purchase and tires.

I love my R/T
By becksr/t on 07/12/06 22:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you like to pull onto the highway with confidence that you can merge without getting rear ended, this car is for you. I haven't taken it to the 1/4 mile yet, but it has all kinds of power. If you want to lay down some rubber you'll have to push the trac-off button. But the traction control will be a big plus when I do hit the strip, in a couple weeks. If you are over six feet you might not be comfortable. The wheels aren't that hard to clean. They're clear coat so just spray on some mean green scrub for 10 seconds with a sponge & hose off good. For a compact car, you couldn't ask for more, sporty, fast, yet toddler friendly.

Love it
By Shawn on 04/23/06 12:48 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the car used, it has 150,000 km's on it now. The car has never let me down. I bought it when in school, and it was a great buy. The car seems to have a bad rep, I however really cant find many bad things to say about it. I sold it to buy a new BMW 3 series when I finished school mainly because I needed a more grown up machine. If you want a cheap, long lasting little economy car, with a bit of sport, but an RT Neon.

The original leather seat Neon.
By clonehawk on 04/12/06 19:25 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I can't understand why the Focus ever beat this car in Consumer Reports given the high number of recalls the Focus has had. Replaced the factory tires, battery and have had the half of the factory speakers quit working. Other than that it has been trouble free. Dodge seems to have figured out how to make a reliable inexpensive car.

My car
By Just y on 08/22/05 15:11 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Neon during the spring of 2003. I drove it out to Houston and from there to southern California as well as all the driving around the cities. I also drove it 50 miles one way to work 5 days a week. I have 108,600 miles on my Neon and it is still running like it was when I bought it with 33,000 miles on it. I have never had to do any major repairs. It is the best car I have ever owned. I really enjoy it.

great little car
By pat72880 on 03/23/05 14:56 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car over 2 years ago and have had no major problems with it. Handles great, no leaks, smooth ride, and easy to maintain. I have already 75K on this car and it seems to get better the more I drive it. Couple minor things, factory wheels are 195- 50-16s. Very had to find and expensive tire. Also, highway gas mileage runs from 30 to 40mpg plus. City mileage however is only 20 to 25. And it has a small 12 gallon gas tank. Sound system is great but my speakers blew out 3 months ago and I had to get new ones. Mostly my fault I guess. Overall, best car I have owned.

R/T Neon 2001
By kenroberts11 on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Neon & all have been very good cars. NO problems of any import. Great gas mileage, good pep & nice comfortable seating. For the money, can't be beat.