2000 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Excellent car for $$ conscious

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Review

Excellent car for $$ conscious buyer
By Kboyle on

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

The Neon SE is a significant step up from the Geo it replaced. I drive it up and down the eastern seaboard once a month to visit my daughter, and the car performs well on the highway. The cargo room is immense for a car this size, and it has a lot better pickup than other cars I test drove. The biggest problem I have is the gear ratios. I have a manual tranny, and I find that I am constantly looking for a 6th gear once I get to around 70 on the highway. The engine noise can be significant at higher speeds, but the exceptional audio system easily overcomes it. I've put 71.5K miles on in 2.5 years, and the only problems I've had were from accidents -- which were easily fixed.

CD Changer, Cruise. Sunroof is a fun touch. ABS has saved my bacon on a couple of occasions.

Regear to better ratios. Road/engine noise needs to be reduced. Better lumbar support for long drives needed.