2000 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Zooooommm!
By mysilvrescapepod on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

My neon has 137k miles on it & its running fine (knock on wood). I live a long distance from anything so its gets me where I want to go. Great factory installed system other car companies should copy. Breaks squeak when its damp outside, its seats are a bit stiff, the motor isn't the strongest but it does the job I bought it for. I change my oil every 4,000 miles without pause which I honestly feel keeps my lil escape pod purring perfectly. Interior is nice & neat & easily able to clean when splattered w/ food or beverages. Exterior is awesome, with tint on the windows you might mistake it for one of the bad boys. Its a great start up car.

Not Bad
By uscg68 on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

This car is reliable and has great fuel economy. With minor inexpensive add-ons it looks really sharp. It does however have a lack of horse power so don't think it will get up 'n go when you stomp the gas. It does have a alot of great factory options. Mine was fully loaded with all the bells and whistles. Premium Sound, Alloy Wheels, sun and moon roof. By adding tinting a rear spoiler and a bra it looks real sharp. For the buyer who wants performance Dodge makes the Stealth or Avenger. For a High School or college student away from home this is a PERFECT vehicle.

Need more parts
By Blue2000 on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

I can't keep up. This car is starving me and it's not paid off yet. - 2 fuel injectors - Computer - Speed Sensor Relay - Axle trouble. (Some bearing) - Brakes - Tire size is so non-standerd they charge extra. - Air Conditioner

Excellent car for $$ conscious buyer
By Kboyle on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

The Neon SE is a significant step up from the Geo it replaced. I drive it up and down the eastern seaboard once a month to visit my daughter, and the car performs well on the highway. The cargo room is immense for a car this size, and it has a lot better pickup than other cars I test drove. The biggest problem I have is the gear ratios. I have a manual tranny, and I find that I am constantly looking for a 6th gear once I get to around 70 on the highway. The engine noise can be significant at higher speeds, but the exceptional audio system easily overcomes it. I've put 71.5K miles on in 2.5 years, and the only problems I've had were from accidents -- which were easily fixed.

Don't let my score fool you
By MidLman on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

The car was purchased used and checked out for problems before purchase. Dealership said it was in great condition. Boy were they wrong. In only one year I've had the brakes replaced, had various seals replaced, including the rear-main engine seal, and had to replace the starter as well. That's 3 major repairs in only a year. And that's not including all the factory- recalled parts I've had replaced. Otherwise it's an okay car. Mine doesn't have many features, but it's a good size and it's fun to drive. Too bad it's going to cost me a fortune in repairs in the long run.

Great First Car!
By engstrom77 on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

My wife and I bought this car about 1 1/2 years ago and we love it. It gets great gas mileage and handles the road very well. The car had about 27000 miles on it when we bought it and now it has 48000 and not one thing has gone wrong. It has good get up and go and decent braking power. I knew when I bought it that it wasn't a dodge Viper but it has good acceleration off the line and in traffic. The seats do sit a little hard on the lower back especially on long road trips. We love the design of the car and the inside as well.

Good Looking Car
By pfiggs69 on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my Neon used. It had 10k miles and I have had it over a year now and it has run flawlessly until recently. It now has 45k miles and I had to get the air conditioning condensor and door lock replaced. Both were under my extended warranty. Otherwise..The Neon has been great..drives well..roomy. Great looking inside and out. Body hardware is holding up well...expect for the door lock.

aarrgggg
By SlvrNeon2000 on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

Ok where do I start I've had the neon for about 2 1/2 years now and it has 63k on it... and the air conditioning went after one summer use the sunroof went on me after one summer use... it makes awfull noises... and vibrates horribly although it does surprise me for room i'm 6'1 and able to fit in it not very comfortably but, i do fit... but, I wouldn't recomend this car to anyone that has high expectations... it is very affordable but, you get exactly what you pay for!

Great starter car!
By Brianne on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. I bought the 2000 model used with about 48,000 miles on it (highway driving). So far, I have no complaints. The one I bought is stripped down (no keyless entry, so CD player, no power windows or door locks), its an automatic transmission (which leaves a little to be desired seeing as it is only a 3-speed auto). It drives very nicely. I have noticed a wee bit of engine noise, this is only when I am above 75mph on the highway (not very often). The brakes squeal if it has been sitting for a while (like if I don't drive it for a couple days). Once the car warms up its fine. In any case, its a great little car, perfect for me.

Excellent low budget car
By Jhatfi on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

My fiance and I bought her a Neon as her first new car purchase. It has been a good car for commuting and grocery getting. It suspension is a little soft and the motor is a bit noisy, but overall it has been very good to us. The gas mileage has been excellent, the stock stereo is actually very good, the seats are comfortable. I personally think that interior is rather plain and it could use a little refinement bringing it closer to class leaders such as the Mazda Protege and Honda Civic, but what can you expect for around $10k.