2000 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Love my lil Neon.
By simplyme on 05/05/13 20:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

Love this lil thing! bought for 1800 as a commuter for school. Accidentally got a 3spd auto. but for living in a small town it does fine, I just avoid all hwy's. Parts are reasonably priced it's burnt orange manual everything cept auto obviously, but this lil nellie gets the job done no rain issues lights stay off =)

pleasant surprise
By thehidking on 03/23/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I have had the car now nine wonderful years. I have over 100K miles and honestly I have missed many service times and still the car runs and drives like it did when I bought it with only 2 miles on it. I have owned a honda civic and toyota corolla and hated both those cars in comparison. Parts are cheap and readily available almost anywhere. The ride is a touch stiff compared to a toyota but it is faster lighter and more fun to drive. the AC has never been touched and blows freezer like cold. My brakes seem to last almost three years with 80% left on the origional drum shoes in back. The factory sound system was nicer than the civic EX I had before this.

2000 Dodge Neon
By dkthcks on 03/15/08 19:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

117K miles in 5.5 yrs. It's been driven hard both city and Hwy miles. Routine mechanical have incl. tires 2xs, brake work, spark plugs once. Clutch still going strong with not so nice driving. Brakes squeak in the rain or high humidity. Best car I have had. Good gas mileage. However, car now at 136K miles and developed an oil pressure problem. Was a GREAT car until now.

2000 Neon
By Neon #2 on 01/30/07 15:03 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car last year. It only has 31,000 on it and was in excellent condition. I was originally looking for a newer car but this car was in our budget. I was vert leary at first having owned a 1996 model that fell apart at 70,000 miles. This difference in the models is great. The only problem we had with this car is an oil pan because a previous mechanic overtightened the drainbolt. We added a CD player and added BFGoodrich Traction TAs and it is great car. It gets over 30mpg. If you have owned a first generation model you will really be superised.

I love my Neon!
By ambee3 on 02/03/06 21:01 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought my Neon a year ago. So far I've had no problems with it, just new tires. I bought it when I wrecked my Intrepid and I needed a car in a fix. I bought my Neon for $4,500 with 27,000 miles on it. I've never cared much for Neons because I used to work at an auto parts store and people that had them would always complain about them. But it was a good deal when I needed one. A year later, I'm glad that I bought this car.

Good looking, performing w/"no-frills"
By Bradske on 05/04/05 23:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

Put a new water pump on at 65K that cost a bit. Other than that, I haven't had a problem. I just started having water leakage into the passenger side floorboard -- that MAY turn into a big prob. Mechanically very reliable, efficient, fast, and good looking ride for the $10k I paid for it new. Good value.

Love it Hate it
By Mkidd on 03/10/05 13:30 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I love driving my Neon but I am only 5'1, so it fits me great. But my husband is 6'3. Not so good for him and my tall son, so it needs more room. I have had my Neon for years, and it now has 100,000 miles on it. It has taken me all over the USA and at 100,000 miles the motor mounts went bad which made for a very shaky ride until the water pump and timing belt went out also. Lucky it was not too much to fix. It is a great starter car at a great price.

Great first car
By Josh B on 02/14/05 11:30 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

A great first car. Good looking, friends love it. I got the stick shift and it's a blast to drive. Handles great, except not in the rain so much, and it tends to get stuck a lot on large piles of snow. Easy to modify, I added a tachometer, foglights, and remote control locks. Great pickup and very fast, I beat my friends Saab 900 in a couple of races. All in all a great car, cheap to maintain. Ive put 12000 miles on it in the last 8 months (which brings it to 96000 miles) and havent had to do anything to it other than change the spark plugs. Id definitely buy another one.

owner
By Lane Holt on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

Very responsive handling, feels very solid & secure at highway speeds. Light weight results in better performance than the more expensive mid- size car with standard engine.

Not bad for a little guy
By lblazich on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

The Neon was my first new car. I have really enjoyed driving it. I have not had any problems with it. It is small enough for me to get into small parking spaces but large enough for my family of four to be comfortable. This car has driven on two continents and in three countries and has been nothing but wonderfull. I am very glad I got a manual transmission.