Used 2000 Dodge Neon Highline Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Love my lil Neon.
By simplyme

2000 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

Love this lil thing! bought for 1800 as a commuter for school. Accidentally got a 3spd auto. but for living in a small town it does fine, I just avoid all hwy's. Parts are reasonably priced it's burnt orange manual everything cept auto obviously, but this lil nellie gets the job done no rain issues lights stay off =)

Favorite Features

Color, Pep, radio, durability. =)

Suggested Improvements

bigger standard wheels. more options on base models

pleasant surprise
By thehidking

2000 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I have had the car now nine wonderful years. I have over 100K miles and honestly I have missed many service times and still the car runs and drives like it did when I bought it with only 2 miles on it. I have owned a honda civic and toyota corolla and hated both those cars in comparison. Parts are cheap and readily available almost anywhere. The ride is a touch stiff compared to a toyota but it is faster lighter and more fun to drive. the AC has never been touched and blows freezer like cold. My brakes seem to last almost three years with 80% left on the origional drum shoes in back. The factory sound system was nicer than the civic EX I had before this.

Favorite Features

everything even sopace inside I am 6ft3 and 275 LBs and it is easy for me to fit comfortably

Suggested Improvements

stock CD player kinda stinks

2000 Dodge Neon
By dkthcks

2000 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

117K miles in 5.5 yrs. It's been driven hard both city and Hwy miles. Routine mechanical have incl. tires 2xs, brake work, spark plugs once. Clutch still going strong with not so nice driving. Brakes squeak in the rain or high humidity. Best car I have had. Good gas mileage. However, car now at 136K miles and developed an oil pressure problem. Was a GREAT car until now.

Favorite Features

Manual shift, Little car whips in and out of traffic.

Suggested Improvements

More long term reliability. I don't think this car is meant to last much past 100K mile.

2000 Neon
By Neon #2

2000 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car last year. It only has 31,000 on it and was in excellent condition. I was originally looking for a newer car but this car was in our budget. I was vert leary at first having owned a 1996 model that fell apart at 70,000 miles. This difference in the models is great. The only problem we had with this car is an oil pan because a previous mechanic overtightened the drainbolt. We added a CD player and added BFGoodrich Traction TAs and it is great car. It gets over 30mpg. If you have owned a first generation model you will really be superised.

Favorite Features

Good mileage

I love my Neon!
By ambee3

2000 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought my Neon a year ago. So far I've had no problems with it, just new tires. I bought it when I wrecked my Intrepid and I needed a car in a fix. I bought my Neon for $4,500 with 27,000 miles on it. I've never cared much for Neons because I used to work at an auto parts store and people that had them would always complain about them. But it was a good deal when I needed one. A year later, I'm glad that I bought this car.

Favorite Features

3 cupholders! Sporty looking, good gas mileage. reliability. Interior room- I'm 5'11 and I fit with room to spare! Backseats are roomy.

Suggested Improvements

A little faster, a button in the car for trunk release. Cruise control