2000 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
2000 Dodge Neon
By leviathaan on 02/27/14 08:46 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Dodge Neon automatic with 40,000 miles on it, it currently has 259,000. No real issues, replaced all 4 struts, rotors and 1 battery in the 7 years I've owned it. It has a slight tick in the engine, but other than that nothing wrong with this one, even after hearing all the horror stories, mine is still going. It still gets 30mpg in both the summer and winter.

Love my lil Neon.
By simplyme on 05/05/13 20:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

Love this lil thing! bought for 1800 as a commuter for school. Accidentally got a 3spd auto. but for living in a small town it does fine, I just avoid all hwy's. Parts are reasonably priced it's burnt orange manual everything cept auto obviously, but this lil nellie gets the job done no rain issues lights stay off =)

Awesome
By parker21 on 07/05/12 09:19 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

What a great little car! I bought it as my first car for $300 with 149000 miles not too bad for 12 years old. It has few problems but I heard neons are easy to work on. Its also very comfortable and more interior room and features compared to the older past generation neon. Hope to have this car for a long time and get it running in time to get my license wish me luck with my new car eveyone bye! 2000 Dodge neon ES Automatic

Been a very good car
By Barry on 05/31/10 18:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

My wife bought the car with about 60,000 miles on it about 6 years ago. Now has 144,000 and going strong. The only things I can fault manufacture quality to, are a bad oil pressure sensor and a tensioner pulley. Other than that it has been very reliable.

Sad to see it go
By LuvMyNeon on 07/01/09 09:13 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

I have had my Neon for over 8 years now. I love this car, most of the time. I would gladly have purchased another if Dodge hadn't stopped making them! In the 8 years I've had it, I've put 108,000 miles on it(currently at 121,000+). Other than routine maintenance, I had very few problems with this car. I replaced the front brakes twice, back brakes once, replaced the timing belt and the alternator. The car always idled a little roughly, especially when it was getting close to needing an oil change. The locks on the car did freeze frequently in the winter and the driver's lock broke completely earlier this year. I'm sad to see my baby go!

A good first car
By Shin on 04/05/09 14:53 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

This is my first car I've had this for almost 5 years now I'm at 108k miles, I've only had some minor issues. My car rough idles every once in a while and makes noises on the driver side front tire when I turn right, I've had it checked out and everyone has told me that there's nothing wrong, they only found a leaky freeze plug that sits in the back engine, however had my dad look at it and told me that its old residue, nothing to worry about. I have a leaky valve cover issue as well, I love the interior design, the only problem inside is the bar between the door and windshield, it creates a major blindspot, also I get poor gas mileage, between 20-25mpg...overall a good starter car.

pleasant surprise
By thehidking on 03/23/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I have had the car now nine wonderful years. I have over 100K miles and honestly I have missed many service times and still the car runs and drives like it did when I bought it with only 2 miles on it. I have owned a honda civic and toyota corolla and hated both those cars in comparison. Parts are cheap and readily available almost anywhere. The ride is a touch stiff compared to a toyota but it is faster lighter and more fun to drive. the AC has never been touched and blows freezer like cold. My brakes seem to last almost three years with 80% left on the origional drum shoes in back. The factory sound system was nicer than the civic EX I had before this.

Still love it
By ambersheree3 on 02/23/09 19:44 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my Neon with 27,000 on it, it now has 92,000. I've replaced 3 wheel bearrings (2 front, 1 rear), the starter, and have gone through 3 oil sending units (oil leaks from the wire harness plug) and I am still fine with driving this car! It still starts right up every morning and zooms through traffic! Even after $3000 worth of hail damage, and a enough other body damage to total the thing! It's definitely not the nicest looking car around, but it's free (paid off) and is still great after 4 years of crazy driving.

Turning against me
By genxp on 04/18/08 09:41 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this new, paid off and still driving it, has about 200,000 clicks to it. Most trouble I've had with it are emergency brake locking my rear wheel, once. Brakes locking on cylinder when parked for extended period, a week, while on vacations. Recently replace power steering hose and sway bar. Most trouble is with brakes. Replaced timing belt, power steering, tires, and still enjoy owning it. First time new also recall having trouble with rain pooling on the rear passenger floor. Trouble was

2000 Dodge Neon
By dkthcks on 03/15/08 19:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

117K miles in 5.5 yrs. It's been driven hard both city and Hwy miles. Routine mechanical have incl. tires 2xs, brake work, spark plugs once. Clutch still going strong with not so nice driving. Brakes squeak in the rain or high humidity. Best car I have had. Good gas mileage. However, car now at 136K miles and developed an oil pressure problem. Was a GREAT car until now.