1999 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
1999 Dodge Neon highline AUTOMATIC
By samanthawade on 09/05/13 14:21 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I just want to start off by saying, this car has been very great since I've had it. I have had it for almost 2 years. It is a 1999 and it only has 65,000 miles as of right now. The only problem that has happened since, is a leak in the break line, which was a very cheap fix. The car has great MPG and trunk space. I would recommend to an elderly woman or new driver! The only thing I cannot stand about this car is the size. IT'S SO SMALL. I am not an extremely large person, but I am not tiny. It is very uncomfortable to drive. I am in the market for a new car because I can't handle how small this car is. I do not recommend this car to anyone who is a little overweight.

so so car overall since i bought mine, trying to make her better
By missyg24 on 09/01/12 06:10 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

i got a 99 dodge neon off craigslist,for $700.120k miles, so far its a bad deal,needs alot of work inside (radio) n out/under least i got aftermarket tail lights.still have the old ones just incase i get a newer model neon.my coworker has a 95 neon,her steering wheel thing tilt when mine dont,wtf! someone on the other shift then me owns a plymouth neon looks to be same yr look,theres is in better condition then mine.also i am useto driving a trailblazer my mom owned (2diff yrs she owned) they have cruise control, n power windows). for a neon its popular,i've seen many neons both ply's/ddg's.im a chevy gurl driving a dodge lol. ill repost in coming wks/months my review once i get her fixed u

neon=lemon
By foreveryoung14 on 02/04/12 02:23 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

Since summer 2010 I have put $2000+ dollars on that stupid car. First a bunch of gaskets blew, then it was the alternator, then it was the radiator, then the brakes, then finally the water pump...which doesn't seem like a big deal for any other car, but on a neon you have to take out the whole engine just to replace it. A $20 part turned into a $500 job. I used to love driving my car, but now when I drive it I am constantly listening for weird sounds and wondering about when it will break down next. The day the transmission goes will be the day that I scrap the car for parts. I wouldn't wish this car on my worst enemy.

piece of junk Neon
By jimf on 12/28/07 14:35 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

This car has got to be a low point in US auto build quality. It is a piece of junk. DO NOT BUY ONE ! Ever !!... At 20K the head gasket blew which Chrysler refused to cover. The head lights frosted over within 3 years. The moon roof broke before the car was 2 years old. The center tail light seal failed thus filling the trunk with rain water. The power windows misaligned after 3 years making the doors very difficult to open. The power door locks stopped functioning on the rear doors. Now, with only 47000 very gentle miles on it, the rear main seal blew out putting a quart of oil on the road every 60 miles. Oh yes, the tranny will not go into 3rd gear when cold. Has done this for years.

A pretty fair car
By Miramichier on 06/29/06 02:55 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 Neon with the idea of saving money on gas and maintance,which I must say I was right in that respect, for gas mileage and easy maintance this (so far) had been a great little car, but(and there always is a but) on a drive over 25 miles the seats are really uncomfortable. They feel like you are sitting on two pieces of plywood. My car has a/c and that really doesn`t have the capacity to really cool the interior of the car on a really hot day (and yes I did have the service ppl at my local a/c shop look at it and they say it`s as good as it can be.)

Lovin' my Neon.
By limniade on 09/01/05 13:55 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I've had my 4-Door Neon Sport for over six years now. I drove it off the lot with 8 miles on the odometer, and today I'll roll over 107,000. I've had almost NO problems, except for an alignment issue and frozen wheel bearing due to an accident. The car handles very well, especially for a 3- speed automatic. I don't get a ton of pickup, but it's a zippy little car that's as fun to drive as it was the day I bought it. The brakes squeal a little, the car's got a lot of air noise, but it's been a champ for as long as I've owned it. I know a number of Neon owners have had issues at 60K miles, and I bought the '99 thinking they'd have the bugs out by then, and it's been very reliable for me.

typical low end vehicle
By horselover on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I would not recommend this car to anyone that does not want to do car repairs. My main master seal went out, my head gasket went out Transmission was getting ready to go out when I finally sold the car. I had no problems with the car until it hit 60,000 miles before that point it was a great car.

I Hate This Car
By kellyj on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

Where do I begin with my complaints? You name it, and it has broken on my Neon. I have replaced the head gasket, the transmission, the sunroof motor (twice), water pump, and the starter twice and it is still not running at this current time. I would NEVER recommend a Neon to anyone that I know. I have had nothing but problems with this car. Most of the stuff was covered under my warrenty, but it is still the hassel of taking it to the garage every month and being without a car for a few days because it has broken down again!!

Dependable - I'd buy another
By Eagle77 on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new for a second vehicle. The car now had over 68,000 miles and dependability has been outstanding. The only repair maintenance needed was to replace the rear brake pads and the dealer replaced a trunk spring under warranty that would not hold up the trunk lid. If there is a disappointment it is the gas milage, I'm getting 24MPG with an automatic transmission and I thought I would get better. When I buy a car to replace it, a new Neon will be at the top of my list.

Best Car
By astronomer on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

This is the best car that I have ever owned. Perfect point A to point B vehicle and has been very reliable. Never done anything except change oil and put in fuel. Gets almost 40 mpg (I drive mostly on the highway).