VTEC Killer
By Intense Blue on
1998 Dodge Neon R/T 2dr Coupe
I puchased the car new in May 98. Was'nt sure about the stripes until it arrived. Had them painted on later. Performance/price ratio is unbeatable by any mfgr. Excellent ride for performance oriented suspension. Changed to composite head gasket due to oil leak at rear of engine. Use Mobil 1 5/30 with no oil consumption since initial 1 qt in 1st 1k miles. 28/36 MPG. I have surprised many a Honda VTEC or Mustang GT owner. Body fit & finish excellent. Braking system excellent. Considering adding 03 SRT-4 to my collection.
Favorite Features
Excellent PRICE/PERFORMANCE ratio. Other's perception of lack of performance makes their education easier. Those wonderful stripes. The sound from the cold air intake @ 7k RPM. Exhaust system that other neon's look up to. Too much brake for this car. Crisp, precise OEM suspension.
Suggested Improvements
Change trans ratios to allow 0-60 with 1 gear change. 15" or 16" wheels. Lose the substandard OEM Goodyears. Raise the MPH limiter to 140. Lose the cheesy OEM intake system. Front window sealing needs some help too. (Strong crosswinds remind me of being in a small airplane in flight)