1998 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Sporty looking, decent on gas,

1998 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

Sport Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Sporty looking, decent on gas, and reliable.
By zanderlion on

1998 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

I own a black 1998 Dodge Neon Sport Sedan with an automatic transmission. I'm not sure how many owners its had. I bought the car in October of 2011 from a mechanic for $1600. The car has 135,280 miles. I noticed oil was leaking out the gasket seal. So I had my cousin replace the seal. And the leak stopped. My cousin also put new spark plugs in, and he noticed a couple of spark plugs were drowned in oil. I give the car it's routine oil changes every 3 to 5000 miles. I never had any trouble starting it, even in the coldest winter last year, it started fine. The car handles the snow ok. I had to replace a fuel pipe, because it rusted through. In conclusion, I think it's a reliable fun car.

My favorite features on the car would have to be the exterior design for starters. To me, it almost looks like a Porsche. The car is a little sluggish at normal acceleration. But, when you put the pedal to the medal, then it really moves! I like how it sounds to when all the horses in all 4 cylinders are being fired. I think the car looks best in black. I was lucky to find one in black.

I think the creators of that car could have did a better job with safety of the car. The quality of plastics for the dash could have been better.