1998 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Perfection; Thy Name is Neon!

1998 Dodge Neon Coupe - Consumer Review

Perfection; Thy Name is Neon!
By BC Reed on

1998 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

This car is fantastic! I have an Iceman cold air intake on it and it gets 30/40 mpg easily with a gain in performance. I am over six feet tall, yet it is comfortable to drive on long trips or around town. I have yet to find a car that combines the power (150 plus HP) with the mpg and the room that this little baby offers. I have had zero trouble with it and I will keep it until it dies. I HIGHLY recommend a Neon to anyone who wants a performance car that has all of these pluses and still runs on regular gas.

The exhaust note, cupholders, trunk space, powerful DOHC motor, frugal at the pump, a total blast to drive, no rattles in the interior, reliability, quiet, but not sedate. A smooth shifting 5-speed tranny.

A little more lateral support in the front seats with lumbar control. Power window switches that don't hit me in the knee, height adjustable seat belts. Rear disc brakes as standard equipment. I know I can get them thru the aftermarket, but that is not the point.