1998 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Easy to work on, and great gas

1998 Dodge Neon Coupe - Consumer Review

Easy to work on, and great gas mileage
By maw96usa on

1998 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for its gas mileage abilities and I have not been let down. I've been getting around 32-34mpg in town and 38-41mpg on the hwy. I drove it from Colorado Springs, Colorado to Bakersfield, California for less than $90.00 with gas at $3.50 a gallon. As a home mechanic I also appreciate how easy the car is to work on. At 150k miles I really went through the engine and replaced the timing belt, water pump, oil pan gasket, power steering pump, valve cover gasket set, thermostat, and it was all really easy to get to with out much trouble at all. I tell friends and family that if I get another car it'll be another Neon!!!

Favorite Features

The over all looks of the 2 door is really sporty. The heater heats up quickly in these Colorado winters and the A/C is great for our hot summers. Gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage!!! I easly get around 40mpg driving on the interstate!!!

Suggested Improvements

Keep them easy to work on. Nothing worse than a car that has to be taken in to have something simple replaced by the dealerships.