1998 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Loved my R/T

1998 Dodge Neon Coupe - Consumer Review

Loved my R/T
By deadmeet on

1998 Dodge Neon R/T 2dr Coupe

I bought a pair of R/T's new for me and my wife hers white/blue stripes mine Brilliant blue pearlcoat with silver stripes. hers remained totally stock,mine received a cold air/K&N combo with aftermarket exhaust.we have not had cars as fun to drive or reliable in our lives. Both our cars still get about 38mpg (I bump the rev limiter on a daily basis) with each over 150k miles we are deciding on what we would want to replace them with...seems funny that todays hi-tec hybrids and flex-fuel vehicles only get low 30's mpg What was so special about our neons? (I was raised on Big block Chargers and Road Runners..a lot of fun, but a huge difference on reliability)

I love how easy they are to tune up and maintain.I love how they look and am always amazed with how well they handle.

I know this came later....Turbo would have been nice...got spanked by many a new eclipse turbo in my day and they were bone stock.