1998 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: 98 Highline-Loved it & its xtr

1998 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

Highline Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

98 Highline-Loved it & its xtra warranty
By biogirl on

1998 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I'm finally getting ready to trade in my 98 Neon Highline. I liked it more than I thought I would. Never thought I'd buy Dodge after my parents' Caravan fiasco, but was short on money. Salesman did not have what I like to call "Hey Little Lady Syndrome". I was smart & got the extended warranty. thru 100K miles - definitely worth it. Never had a problem until about 99,975, when my head gasket, A/C, rear main seal?, and another oil seal went. The service staff at a nearby dealership took care of it without any "Hey Little Lady Syndrome". They even invited me into the garage to show me what was wrong so I didn't think they were scamming me.

Comfortable drive, plenty of room for me, all my junk and my two dogs, friendly service, great gas mileage (32 mpg pretty consistently - the only time it dropped was when there were serious problems - see above).

I am glad the head gasket problem has been fixed in the newer models. I also had some problems with vapor pressure (common in Neons) and could not let the tank go less than 1/4 of the way or there were problems getting enough gas vapor pressure to get the car started.