1998 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews 3

1998 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Fun to drive
By Doug on 01/07/05 12:00 PM (PST)

1998 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

I bought the car to comute to work ($4200/63K miles). I've done zero maintance in the two years I've driven it (no oil changes). It has never broke down. I wash it twice a year whether it needs it or not. It's been the cheepest car I've owned.

Good Bang for the Buck
By King Piper on 11/07/04 19:18 PM (PST)

1998 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

Purchased new with 1500 rebate. Fun car to drive; great gas mileage and very quick and fun to drive. Replace trunk gasket because it always had a wet trunk. Replaced heat gasket at 65k with Dodge deductible of 150, replaced timing belt at same time for another 350 while it was taken apart. Changed oil every 3k mile and looks great on the inside. Front disk pads replaced at 90k, wow thats some good pads. Replaced headlights because of foggy condition of the lens after 80k miles got them on ebay for 165 and really easy to install. Keep up with the maintence and this car will keep up with the best of them, 125k and still going. I would recommend a Neon to anyone that ask.

Great Tow Vehicle
By pacerpapa on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

This vehicle was purchased to be towed behind our motorhome and used upon arrival at our destinations while travelling. It served us well for six years without a single problem. Just changed out the OEM battery after six and one-half years. No other repairs have been needed.

Not as bad as its rep
By JustynTime on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

I needed a new car. I wanted a neon. I found a 95 neon with alittle over 100k on the ticker. I never had a problem with it.then my girlfreind wrecked it. I needed a new car, again I wanted a neon. This time I got a 98 with about 50k miles. I have had to replace the head gasket but the key to not having to replace it again is making sure you replace it with the correct gasket. Being that it is 2004 you will be buying one of these babies used and the head gasket has already been replaced. Now my girlfreind needed a new car. Guess what we got, thats right a 95 4door neon. Out of our 3 neons we have only had the one problem.

DONT BUY NEONS
By HateNeon on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

This car was good for the first year I had it. In the past 2 years it has been nothing but a headache. I wouldn't recommend this car to any one. Has a low resale value. In the past 2 years I have put at least $3000 of work into it. The a/c no longer works and now needs to be replaced.

Good Car!
By Robert K. on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

This car is an excellent daily commuter. Nothing fancy. It runs good and the air-conditioner is great. The only negative is the headlights which become foggy over time.

I Keep Giving it One More Chance
By neondeb on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Neon R/T 4dr Sedan

This car is fun to drive, very sporty, great gas mileage (29-30). However, we had 22 service visits in first 3 years, 20 of which were for Service Engine Light! They never really knew why, but kept replacing things. After 50K miles, it mostly stopped. AC died at 50,300; after all our trouble, they did a courtesy adjustment. Sun roof has issues. One bad thing...slow- speed (20 MPH) front end collision (fender bender) completely crushed hood/fender/radiator/AC condenser! Too much damage to bother fixing, so sad to see it go.

pretty good!
By cgiven3 on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

Great first/second car. It saw me through several trips back/forth from Louisiana to Illinois, including all my belongings! Roomy, fuel efficient, low-maintenance, and affordable!

Crap on Wheels
By DantheMan on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

We've put about $4000 into this car, repairing things that should not break. Sun roof-4 times Head Gasket Front Transmission Seal Real Oil Seal Oil Pan Gasket Thermostat Water Pump CD Player Plus, you get to hear the eletrical sounds as they pulse through the radio. The windshield wipers sound cool, the ac has a high screetchy noise, whereas the redefrost is a low hum. No, I'm not kidding. Whenever you turn something on, you HEAR it on the radio. Stay away. Stay far away.

I got the best one!
By YukiHyo on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

My car is probably the best Neon ever made. I have driven it pretty much into the ground, but it's still going. I had NO problems until well over the 100K mark, but it's now starting to show its age at 183K miles. Until about a year ago, the only problem was a battery that quit at 116K.