1998 Dodge Neon Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Easy to work on, and great gas mileage
By maw96usa on 06/04/08 01:51 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for its gas mileage abilities and I have not been let down. I've been getting around 32-34mpg in town and 38-41mpg on the hwy. I drove it from Colorado Springs, Colorado to Bakersfield, California for less than $90.00 with gas at $3.50 a gallon. As a home mechanic I also appreciate how easy the car is to work on. At 150k miles I really went through the engine and replaced the timing belt, water pump, oil pan gasket, power steering pump, valve cover gasket set, thermostat, and it was all really easy to get to with out much trouble at all. I tell friends and family that if I get another car it'll be another Neon!!!

Fun to drive
By Doug on 01/07/05 12:00 PM (PST)

1998 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I bought the car to comute to work ($4200/63K miles). I've done zero maintance in the two years I've driven it (no oil changes). It has never broke down. I wash it twice a year whether it needs it or not. It's been the cheepest car I've owned.

DONT BUY NEONS
By HateNeon on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

This car was good for the first year I had it. In the past 2 years it has been nothing but a headache. I wouldn't recommend this car to any one. Has a low resale value. In the past 2 years I have put at least $3000 of work into it. The a/c no longer works and now needs to be replaced.

Good car
By boodog on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

All in all a good little car. Fun to drive and king in corners.