1997 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: This is a great little car!

1997 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

This is a great little car!
By Neonlover on

1997 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

My wife and I bought this car new in '97. We have driven it in virtually all weather conditions that you may encounter in the United States. This car is phenomenal in the snow. My wife and I are not gentle on the car either. We both like to use the 150 HP engine, bringing it to redline every once in a while. Gas milage has been as high as 39 on the highway and as low as 28 in the city. Not too bad in my book. We did have to replace the Head Gasket at 39K miles under warranty, but since then, we have only had fun with the car. I would highly recommend this car.

Gas milage. Interior room (you'll be amazed). Interior and exterior appearance. Reliability. Acceleration from a stock engine. Winter worthiness.

Improve the fastening of the head gasket by increasing the number of studs clamping the head down to prevent original head gasket leakage. Increase the suspension travel in the rear of the car. Improve the factory paint so that peeling doesn't happen to the blue cars.