Used 1997 Dodge Neon Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Dodge Neon Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Great Cars
By neonknight97

1997 Dodge Neon Coupe 2dr Coupe

Ive owned this car for 7 years and for what I have had to put in it you cant find a better car.

Great power from the underdog SOHC engine, Very comfortable seating up front. Its my car so I dont ride in the back but I pity the people who do.

Dont discontinue it in 05. Let one of the only small cars in the past few years to actually turn a nice profit stay.

I hate my neon
By Tanya

1997 Dodge Neon Coupe 2dr Coupe

I think neons are the worst cars ever! I hate my neon, i only get 11 miles to the gallon, it shakes so bad. I can't go over 20mph on hills.

The only thing is the shape of the car thats the cutest part.

Everything! I've put 3,000 of work into my car since i bought it. I've replaced, my headgasket (1,200$), Radiator (800$) both o2 sensors (200$) fuel filter (75$) Timing belt and water pump (1,500$) I hate my neon!

Great Little Car
By zxcvb

1997 Dodge Neon Coupe 2dr Coupe

We bought the car in 99. My Teenage daughter drives it. It has had some considerable use, in the time that we own it. I have not had any repair costs for this vehicle, only the usual maintenance type of stuff. It's a GREAT little car.

Fuel Economy, ease of maintenance, styling

needs better ride/ suspension

JUNK! This car was a nightmare!
By Cshel

1997 Dodge Neon Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought this thing brand new...What a disappointment! Amen to the previous statement from another user about ELECTRICAL problems! Mine ate batteries like crazy...Usually the car was disabled because it would not start...Had a little transmission trouble, interior problems, seats splitting, dash cracking all under 20k...Traded for a FORD! (BTW the electrical problems were never fixed)Wanted rid of this piece of junk before the warranty expired!!!

My favorite thing about this car was TRADING IT IN on a different car...I got a lot of joy from that.

STOP MAKING THEM!