1996 Dodge Neon 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Don't repeat my mistake!

1996 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Don't repeat my mistake!
By sirlordsoul on

1996 Dodge Neon 2dr Coupe

A rip off! Don't buy this car. I bought mine new and have had an endless series of major repairs (oil leaks, the car computer, door handles coming loose, and the air conditioning -- TWICE!) over seven years. Whatever I "saved" in the relatively low purchase price has been taken away in repairs. And keep in mind that I kept up with ALL of the recommended maintenance. Now I'm stuck with a lemon drawing its last breaths! Thank you very much Chrysler -- I'm going to avoid your crappy product as long as I live! And they wonder why people don't like American cars ...

Favorite Features

It worked well for the first two years anyway. And it did have the feel of a poor man's Honda.

Suggested Improvements

Oh yeah -- this has design flaws out the yin yang. The windows don't close properly, the windshield wipers are positioned such that they don't wipe well, the car fogs up constantly, plus the worksmanhip is shoddy. The paint chipped off, too -- can't these people do anything right?