1996 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Buyer Beware

1996 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

Buyer Beware
By NeonPOOR on

1996 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

This car is a money pit. I used to love it...before two head gaskets, The latest todat to the tune of 1,000 dollars. Two weeks ago I put in $400. As I bought this as a year old rental...I have to wonder what they di to it. AC has been repaired. New brake system (FYI the breaks squeal on all models for this year) Can't get the dome light to turn off. Just found out that the uneven tire wear is a problem many others have had. A new set of tires every year because of inside wear. Ticking sound in dash. Stopping in intersections (Had to put in a new cable from the battery to alternator to solve that problem.)

Attractive outer package, Interior space, visability

Chrysler needs to own up to the design defect for the headgasket. No more Chryslers for me. Saw on the net that a class action suit has been filed against them for this car. I am keeping my repair bills in the hopes of being reimbursed. It should have been recalled.