1995 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Not that great of a car

1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Not that great of a car
By james on

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

I bought my Neon with somewhere around 62,000 miles, which at the time seemed great. But the car leaked massive amounts of oil, and the speedometer broke and would come on and off while driving(so my Neon still has around 62,000 miles). The longer I had the Neon the worse the problems got. Often on the freeway ramp the car will take a long time to shift into a higher gear, forcing me to merge with free way traffic at 45mph. I've taken mine to the shop to repace 02 sensor, head gasket, and just recently the wiring to the computer. I have had the Neon die on me while driving in traffic a number of times (which is both embarrassing and scary). I am done with Neons, they require too much up keep.

The car is so compact you can park anywhere! Great when looking for a parking spot in a crowded downtown area. But that should not be the deciding factor in buying a Neon. Great parallel parking ability should not sway a person to own a Neon.

Fix the head gasket, 02 sensor, and computer. Neons are completely inconsistet! Some people tell stories of driving Nons for 200,00 miles with no problems, and then there are Neons like mine; a prayer in the morning is the only thing keeping my car from dying on me in the middle of freeway traffic.