Used 1995 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Affordable and easy
By Piktograf

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

Just got this one. Previosly owned: Subaru Justy ("lovely" ECVT)'91, Buick Skylark'86, Mitsubishi Eclipse'00 (masturbationative Tectronic???). This one is for 9-to-5 commute and for $2100 with working AC its just perfect. Hard feelings over railtracks but hey - its driving!

Market value, turns, interior, gas saving.

Dooooorrrs!!

a lot of problems
By Jim Ye

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

Constant noise because of windows without frames!! A weird knocking noise coming from the back of the car that no- one ever could figure out. Squeaky brakes. Head gasket went out at 95K, Engine oil leaking at 100K, struts went out at 100K. I run 15K on it, and have spent more than $2000 for fixing it.

Good looking, Good mileage, fun to drive,

Chrysler makes me believe all American cars are junk, I'll never buy a American car. Look at Honda, Toyota, Chrysler should learn a lot from Japanese auto makers.

If the part could be replaced... it was
By lpickard22

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

I think I replaced every part of the car except the engine. I change my oilwhen I'm supposed to, I've had complete break jobs 3 times... $800 bucks a pop each time... I only have 90,000 miles... I'll never buy a dodge again.

None

stronger console, visors, everything breaks.

Good Little Car
By chamb

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

My wifed owned for 8 years (purchased new) and NEVER had any problems with this car. Althought this isn't the safetest car on the road today, it did hold up well on 5/12/03 when she was broadsided by a new Ford Windstar Van...thank God nobody was hurt !!! Now she wants another one...that says something for this little car.

Perfect car for a small person

Side impact air bags would be a GREATLY needed improvement to this vehicle

piece of trash that goes fast
By lovethepower

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

I won't lie to you. I enjoy driving this car. It's fairly fast for the price and manual trans is the best way to go here. The style is good, too. Unfortunately, the standard features on this car are awful. It has no power steering or a/c. There's no armrest or center console, making it difficult to be comfortable in the car. Other than the blown head gasket (I hate Chrysler), it's been very reliable. It has never broken down or had another serious problem in the eight years that it's been running. Go power!!

2.0 liter engine with 132 horsepower, manual trans. It's easy to find parts to customize the car's look. I commend Chrysler/Dodge on the power.

Despite the power, Chrysler needs to get their act together with the head gasket problem. Coin holder doesn't work. Upgrade standard features!!!