Used 1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Most Helpful|
Do not buy!!
By sponge81

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with only 24K on it. It was my first car. I should have realized that it was a piece of crap when the previous owner told me they already had to replace the transmission. every 6-7 months, something else would go wrong with it, my head gasket went, then the timing belt, and now my check engine like keeps coming on and going off again. It only has 50K on it right now! I've been really good to it, regular oil changes and tune-ups, but it was a very bad buy, I will never buy another Dodge.

Favorite Features

It had power locks...

Suggested Improvements

Everything! nothing works!

180,000 miles and still running strong
By Natedogg

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 145000 miles on it, and all I had to replace was the head gasket. I bought some performance struts and lowering springs. The car carves corners like nothing. With only 132 hp, the car is pretty quick. I haven't had any problems with this car and I plan to own it all the way to 200,000 miles! My only complaints are that it leaks oil, and the brakes stink, but upgrade them and it shouldn't be that big of deal. I love my Neon!

Favorite Features

Quick, cornering master. If you upgrade the engine a bit, it sounds beefy.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, A/C

Love it but minor problems stink
By nate

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned the car for about 4 months now and there are several problems that have driven me crazy trying to fix. All the seals on the windows are shot. My backseat carpet is constantly soaked. Reverse stalling.. sometimes in reverse the thing stalls. Struts gave out after 1 big bump! Annoying stereo setup (maybe not factory.. not sure about this) What I liked about this car. Very reliable. Nice gas mileage. Easy to fix. Fun to drive (especially on straightaways) Very good oil consumption...about 1/2 a quart every month keeps it at nice levels even with me beating the crap out of it. No broken lines yet. such as the brake, gas, or any others

Suggested Improvements

Better seals, and the rest of my problems are most likely from the person I bought it from

amazing little car
By dodge man

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

This car was purchased new. It now has 115,000 miles on it, virtually trouble free. Original plugs, brakes and hoses sill in place. All belts replaced at 70,000 miles. The a/c compressor bearing went out at 12 years and approx. 98,000 miles. That's it for breakage. The car was ordered with Sport Suspension and handles like a sports car. I've had it up to 125 mph and it had more to go.... Fuel mileage is still a consistent 30mpg city/42 hwy. since break in, stick shift of course(after the first 10,000 miles). What truly amazes me are the mutts who buy one of these with a ton of miles, put on by someone who abuses the car, and than complain about all the problems they are having.

Favorite Features

fuel mileage, good handling and speed

Suggested Improvements

more padding for the seats

Overall a good experience
By bigrobotalligator

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

When I purchasee this vehicle in 1998 it had about 80,000 km on it. overall through the years I feel it held up quite well. It did have some repairs done but not the flurry of them one frequently sees in reviews for it, maybe I just got lucky. However in my case this car did not age well, at around 220,000 km or so, it turned into a money pit and I ended up selling it for parts. Still I got 6 pretty good years out of it and feel it was a worthwhile purchase. Parts are also fairly cheap.

Favorite Features

The handling was really nice, it was a smooth comfortable ride!

Suggested Improvements

Build it for longevity. I may be biased on this now, but I currently drive a 91 Toyota Camry at just over 370,000 km and it's still puttering along.