1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Buyer Beware, better yet RUN!
By Unhappy in GA on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

This car was nothing but a money sucking machine. We bought this car from a cousin of ours in great condition. Within 2 months it broke down. From then to the present day, little over 2 years, this car has had more repairs made on it then it was even worth, much to our ignorance and dispair. We finally gave up when it broke down 3 times in less than two weeks because too much was wrong at one time. Head gasket is a major problem, watch out for it, especailly if the car is anywhere near 100K. This car will break down and often even if you take great care of them. I pity the person who spends money to buy this car.

Do Not Buy a First Year Car!!
By JenD on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

As soon as I saw the Sunflower field commercial with the Neon, I ran out and bought it. In 1994. I will never do that again. Too many variables. I can not stand the windows having no frames that they fit into. Constant noise!! A weird knocking noise coming from the back of the car that no-one ever could figure out. Squeaky brakes. The worst of all is the Air Conditioning went and until this day I only have 83k on the car. I really should have read that Lemon-Law booklet they gave me with the car. Also, 4 recalls for steering and brake issues.

Neon Power
By go neons on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

I have a standard 1995 Neon. This car is so much fun to drive and packs substantial power. With a 2.0 liter engine with 16 valves and 132 horsepower, this compact car can easily take somebody off the line. I've had a few problems with my Neon: paint chipping and the head gasket. These problems were fixed, so I'm still flying by other cars. Long live Neon Power!

you get what you pay for
By Rex on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought my Neon in '98 and it had 40,000 miles. I knew that it wasn't really built to last but reliability was high on my priority list so I gave this car a go. For the most part, it treated me right since I didn't really have any major problems until I surpassed the 100k mark when my engine just died on me. I think this car is great for a college student or for someone buying for the first time. Keep it for no more than 3 years and move on.

My peppy lil neon does it all !!
By Sparky95 on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

I bought my '95 Neon 4 DR Sport with manual transmission new in 1994, and have loved putting 100K miles onto its odometer these past eight years. It has excellent acceleration, power, handling, gas mileage (32-34 mpg), and reliability. It's a terrific commuter car that fits into small parking spaces. My only complaint is with the A/C compressor - had to be replaced twice, but when its on, my Neon is cooool.

Lots of Fun - Lets do it again
By Glenn L on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

My Neon was a late 1995 model; so 95% of those early bugs were gone (it was introduced almost 2 years before it was originally intended). Wonderfully intellegent vehicle; you can look and look at it and see (like it or not) the thinking that went into making it the best in the segment by a long shot. Excellent torque biased powerplant, comfort and quality of a much more expensive sedan

neons
By neon on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

I think that the neon is an alright car it doesnt have very fast acceleration and it really touchy but its fun to drive and you can improve it so its alright its definitly not a car that you would want to drive fast or hard

good economy car
By Zarkov on 03/18/02 11:03 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a family member and have been happy with it. It hasn't been in the repair shop in 7 years except for routing maintainance. Totally reliable. It developed a leaky trunk but I fixed it myself in about 10 minutes. It also has an oil leak (116,000 miles). The Neon has lots of power and a relatively good handling and comfort. Over 30 mpg.

Happy with my Neon
By Happy-Neon on 03/10/02 21:11 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

I purchased my neon new, I've had it 7 years and it has 115,000+ miles. I've changed to oil religiously and only last year I had to replace the breaks, and head gasket. Hey, what the heck the car has been very good to me, gets great gas mileage, rides smoothly, and it is fun. I have a 4 door, with sunroof and spoiler on the back so it looks sporty. I have been very happy with my NEON!

Extremely good car for me
By Neon Driver on 03/07/02 17:52 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

I have had a 1995 Dodge Neon Sport since 1995. It now has 75,000 miles on it. It has fit every stage of my life perfectly, trunk was big enough to accomodate several moves, back seat has enough room for two large adults to sit comfortably. I have had CEOs in my car and received compliments. It has never been in the shop and I have had ZERO small problems (squeeks, rattles, etc.) Car has a surprising amount of power.