Used 1995 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Do not buy!!
By sponge81

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with only 24K on it. It was my first car. I should have realized that it was a piece of crap when the previous owner told me they already had to replace the transmission. every 6-7 months, something else would go wrong with it, my head gasket went, then the timing belt, and now my check engine like keeps coming on and going off again. It only has 50K on it right now! I've been really good to it, regular oil changes and tune-ups, but it was a very bad buy, I will never buy another Dodge.

It had power locks...

Everything! nothing works!

Reliability and Economy
By Caramel

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

I bought the Neon new 8 years ago as a commuter car (4D, 5-speed manual). Has been serving me with excellent reliability and economy. With an 80/20 mix of highway/city, mileage is consistently better than 31 mpg. No major repairs so far, only wear and tear items such as brakes, tires replaced. Including cost of purchase, fuel, insurance, maintenance and repair, the cost per mile is 21 cents at this time.

Cheap fast car
By Blue 4 door

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

Very reliable car, put 15000 miles on it and the only thing that went was the rear main seal, and that was from doing 100 mph for 2000 miles ($35 and a long weekend of work), other than that no big problems, Has 130k miles and it still kills all the imports, even v6's I race it almost every weekend and hit 120 more times than I can count and it still runs stong. Gas milage is not good, but I also have a lead foot. If you maintain it, it will last. drive 50 miles back and forth to work every day and it never broke down on me.

Performance, the 5 speeds are very fast, interior room, aftermarket things availible, reliability, very easy to work on for most things. Only paid $750 for it.

Thicker sheet metal and frame in general, dings very easy

looking for new car
By KLSGB

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

Have only had the car for a year and a half and have had it in 4 times because of oil leaks and twice for air conditioner problem, with more miles on it it has also become a lot louder when driving

nicely designed interior, fun car to drive

better engine, doesn't leak oil

ARGH!
By ARGH!

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1999. For the first 6 months, it treated me well. After that, it was all down hill. I blew my head gasket, my oil and transmission fluid are always leaking, my air conditioning only wants to work for one summer at a time, I've had problems with the oxygen sensor, and just recently there was a problem with my accelerator plate; I accelerated to 90 on the highway without even touching the gas petal, and when I decided it was time to slow down, neither the brakes or emergency brake would stop it. During the good times, it has treated me well, but when troubled time hit, they hit the pocket book hard!

THE GAS MILEAGE! I'm always driving and only have to fill up about once a week, and with that, it's only $15 MAX!

It just needs to be built better. The seals on the windows are barely even seals, they need to total revamp the engine.