1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Used and abused and still loving it
By Nicole Towsley on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1995 neon about ten months ago. It has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. My car is Red 5 speed transmission and faster then any neon I have ever had the pleasure of driving. They do have the problems with head gaskets going on certain neons, but my car hasn't had any bigger of a problem then brakes,starter,suspensioni. But what car wouldn't have these problems at seven years old. My car has surpassed 120k and it runs like a champ.

Please take note:
By Straight out on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

I got my Neon when a friend got too rough with it and tore the clutch out.He at the time decided to purchase a SUV instead of repairing it. I purchased it for $200.00 and have replaced the torn out clutch, replaced the broken transmission,installed new front brakes, repaired an electrical fault, and replace the A/C compressor clutch to make it a cool comfortable ride. For mileage and condition of this car I am impressed!The car performs well and handles beyond my expectations.The car is as it should be an affordable, economical, vechicle. Miles do add up and things do wear. And not all owners are equal and not all cars are treated the same.

I agree - WORST CAR EVER MADE
By earmenta on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

DO NOT buy this car, it's a piece of junk! My husband bought it in 1999, and it's been nothing but problems. We now have a car that is worthless because it has more damage than it's even worth. It now has a cracked head gasket and cylinder, the AC was gone a couple of years ago, we've had muffler problems, belt problems, power windows went out and do not even shut properly, you name it! Now we're stuck trying to get another car with no trade-in (the dealers won't even give us 50 bucks for it!). We have paid more to have this car fixed than it's even worth, and now there is another $2,000+ in damage on it! I will never buy a Dodge again.

Best Car Around for the Money
By neonspd95 on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

I've read many other reviews that said poorly of this car, but all I can think is that those people simply can not take care of a car, because mine has been really good to me. The car is quite sporty, gets excellent gas milage (provided you don't floor it everywhere) and is quite reliable. My only complaints are some road noise from the frameless windows, and a bit of noise coming from the AC compressor. Other than that, this is a very fun, very solid, very reliable car for it's price range - BUT YOU HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF IT FOR IT TO TAKE CARE OF YOU - most ppl don't seem to understand this point...

Get Rid of it before you hit 90K
By disposableneon on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

Head Gasket blew Chysler only paid half and it was like pulling teeth to get them to pay. A/C compressor and evaporator blew at the same time over 1000 dollars to fix. Won't do it since the car isn't worth that much. Sensors for gas gauge bad. Windows when open have water pour in when it rains had to put on vent shades.

Please do not buy this car
By :( on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

Ok, first off don't buy this car. But, if you really want to don't say I didn't warn you. This was my first car so I didn't know what I was getting into but it was a nightmare! I've put more money into repairs than I've spent on it!

95 No go
By electrofied on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

Significant reoccurring electrical problems due to poor design of electrical harness. overheating because of head gasket problems. The electrical problems have been the most frustrating because they are difficult to impossible to track down. '96's made in Mexico have the harness problems that is recallable. Same problem exists in 95 but dealership is unwilling to acknowledge or repair under recall. Same dealership has had a lemon plymouth van parked in front of their shop for over 2 years.

must be the worst car ever made
By littleGST on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

I got the neon cause i didn't want a honda. i should've bought a honda! the after 2 months of buying it, it's been ground through repairs every single month! Every month something breaks! Good thing I had a dealer warranty, but even that's not worth it. I became a mechanic by necessity fixing many of these problems... and the car only has 50K!!! So I got a Eclipse GS-T and I haven't had a problem with anything!

Biggest Piece of Crap Ever
By Stay Away from Neons on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

DO NOT buy this car. I bought this car with 60,000 miles on it. At 65k I had to replace the head gasket, then again at 73k, and again at 84k, and once more at 98k. A/C went and the whole thing needed to be replaced $1,500. Transmission problems at 100k, but it did have 100k.

Fast and Furious
By seven oaks on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

My first car and still loving every minute of it. Bought it in fire engine red color with manual transmission and it is loads of fun to drive. Had to do standard maintenance with oil changes every 3K, etc. Just had my timing belts changed at 102K.