Used 1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

95 dodge neon highline
By browneyes

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

43000 miles when i bought it. Repairs are expensive. I have had to replace the water pump several times, the transmission $3400, alternator, cv joints fuel pump, fuel filter and much more. Oh by the way if you live where it snows, careful getting stuck. This car handles well in the snow i certainly feel safe. Or could that be because it is constantly stuck. Dont rock it.I have put about 7000- 8000 dollars into this car. I drove to new york once, car broke down on the way back in pennsylvania. I have not felt comfortable driving the hour to visit my family for fear that my children and i will be stranded. I swore off dodges after driving this car.

Favorite Features

love the sound system and the lay down back seats that permit for transporting larger things and access to the trunk.

Reality Check
By ExZact

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

Nice base ride but do not look for extra comforts on this car. Watch out for engine trouble, especially areas related to the cylinder head. Solid tranmission, but a three speed auto limits the top speed as well as giving the impression you are working the engine too hard beyond 75-80 mph.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride at every speed, with decent pickup at higher rpm's.

Suggested Improvements

Better reliability in the engine, 4 speed auto transmission, better back support in the back seat.

could be better....
By Lil' Red

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

The two biggest problems with this car are the A/C and the Oxygen Sensor. Can't believe how many times they have each been repaired. I have completely given up on fixing the A/C because it is like throwing money out the window. But, the car is really fun to drive. Very zippy! And it does get good gas mileage. Currently pondering an expensive head gasket repair. I know I should just buy another car...

Favorite Features

Zippy-ness. Gas mileage. Fun color.

Suggested Improvements

Needs much better A/C system, O2 sensor and head gasket.

Great Value
By Lukas

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

I wanted a small sports sedan with ABS, 4-wheel disc brakes, 5-speed, good power and room for my family at a low price- Neon delivered. It has been surprisingly durable and the cost of ownership has been very low- just passed 100,000 miles with original clutch, shocks, head-gasket, etc. Brake pads lasted to 80,000 miles!

Favorite Features

Dynamic performance is excellent for this class of car. Acceleration, handling, braking and steering are very good.Gas mileage on highway is great.

Suggested Improvements

More durable airconditioning compressor clutch, better headlights.

The car that could & Dealership didn't!
By Outlawjedi

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

I love this car, I got one of the last ones off the assemly line. I custom ordered the car. My main complaint was the dealership, Tupelo Auto Sales (Tupelo,MS) service department is the worst dealership I have ever dealt with. They swindled me out of nearly 2,000 dollars in faulty work & breaks. An example, they supposed to install mophar parts, well guess where they went to get my break pads, WAL-MART!. They never told me ANYTHING.The bill even shows Mophar break pads!!! Oh well guess I have to go WAY out of my way to have service done.

Favorite Features

Mileage, reliable!

Suggested Improvements

Air conditoner problems all the time & also problems with locks & trunk.