1995 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Terrific Ride
By Indigo on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my Neon! I bought the car because I needed a point A to point B kind of car originally, but now I can't think of any other car I would want. I've been to San Diego to Las Vegas and everywhere in between and it hasn't failed me once yet. It handles nicely and it saves me a bundle on gas... (if I don't lead foot it everywhere). The Neon is a terrific first car for anyone who likes a neat looking ride and likes to travel.

Doesn't owe me a dime
By old_dog on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in '97 with 89,000 miles on it. It now has over 190,000 miles on it. Now,the headliner is falling; paint is chipping; speedometer is intermittent; head gasket was replaced; and, the block has a hairline crack. So what! Over the past 5 years this car has been a blast to drive. In the right hands, with a 5 speed, this car will embarrasse Hondas, Toyotas, and a few V6s. I now do all the work myself and I'm amazed at how much you can do for cheap. The car is on its second college student. It was a godsend when we bought and it doesn't owe us a dime. Its one of those special family cars you here about.

Used and abused and still loving it
By Nicole Towsley on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1995 neon about ten months ago. It has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. My car is Red 5 speed transmission and faster then any neon I have ever had the pleasure of driving. They do have the problems with head gaskets going on certain neons, but my car hasn't had any bigger of a problem then brakes,starter,suspensioni. But what car wouldn't have these problems at seven years old. My car has surpassed 120k and it runs like a champ.

I agree - WORST CAR EVER MADE
By earmenta on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

DO NOT buy this car, it's a piece of junk! My husband bought it in 1999, and it's been nothing but problems. We now have a car that is worthless because it has more damage than it's even worth. It now has a cracked head gasket and cylinder, the AC was gone a couple of years ago, we've had muffler problems, belt problems, power windows went out and do not even shut properly, you name it! Now we're stuck trying to get another car with no trade-in (the dealers won't even give us 50 bucks for it!). We have paid more to have this car fixed than it's even worth, and now there is another $2,000+ in damage on it! I will never buy a Dodge again.

Get Rid of it before you hit 90K
By disposableneon on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

Head Gasket blew Chysler only paid half and it was like pulling teeth to get them to pay. A/C compressor and evaporator blew at the same time over 1000 dollars to fix. Won't do it since the car isn't worth that much. Sensors for gas gauge bad. Windows when open have water pour in when it rains had to put on vent shades.

Please do not buy this car
By :( on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

Ok, first off don't buy this car. But, if you really want to don't say I didn't warn you. This was my first car so I didn't know what I was getting into but it was a nightmare! I've put more money into repairs than I've spent on it!

95 No go
By electrofied on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

Significant reoccurring electrical problems due to poor design of electrical harness. overheating because of head gasket problems. The electrical problems have been the most frustrating because they are difficult to impossible to track down. '96's made in Mexico have the harness problems that is recallable. Same problem exists in 95 but dealership is unwilling to acknowledge or repair under recall. Same dealership has had a lemon plymouth van parked in front of their shop for over 2 years.

must be the worst car ever made
By littleGST on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got the neon cause i didn't want a honda. i should've bought a honda! the after 2 months of buying it, it's been ground through repairs every single month! Every month something breaks! Good thing I had a dealer warranty, but even that's not worth it. I became a mechanic by necessity fixing many of these problems... and the car only has 50K!!! So I got a Eclipse GS-T and I haven't had a problem with anything!

Fast and Furious
By seven oaks on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

My first car and still loving every minute of it. Bought it in fire engine red color with manual transmission and it is loads of fun to drive. Had to do standard maintenance with oil changes every 3K, etc. Just had my timing belts changed at 102K.

Buyer Beware, better yet RUN!
By Unhappy in GA on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

This car was nothing but a money sucking machine. We bought this car from a cousin of ours in great condition. Within 2 months it broke down. From then to the present day, little over 2 years, this car has had more repairs made on it then it was even worth, much to our ignorance and dispair. We finally gave up when it broke down 3 times in less than two weeks because too much was wrong at one time. Head gasket is a major problem, watch out for it, especailly if the car is anywhere near 100K. This car will break down and often even if you take great care of them. I pity the person who spends money to buy this car.