1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews 5

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
great car
By street racer on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

i love this car

great little car!
By highly impressed on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in sept. 2000 with 89,000 and have put about 25,000 miles on it since then. I have to say that I have been really impressed with this little car, in the 2 1/2 years that I have had it the has been only one small problem with it..and that is that the speedometer would stop working from time to time, after talking to other Neon owners I found that it was just a loose connection in the gauge pod and it was fixed rather easily. The car gets great gas mileage and doesn't use a bit of oil. This is a great car,highly recommended

Mechanical Dream
By Darthenstein on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as I am a college student who needed cheap, reliable transportation, but this car is perfect for whatever you want to do. Basically, as long as you take good care of the Neon, and dont drive it too hard, it will last many many miles. The key is to take care of it -- it is a mechanical dream to work on.

1995 Dodge neon Highline 4door hardtop
By CEsoldo on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

Great value overall. I paid 12,500 for this vehicle new and has 200,000 miles to date and is still running strong. I have had a few minor problems, but nothing that is not considered to be normal wear: Cruise control actuator, fuel gauge sending unit, timing belt tensioner, shifter cable ends (5-spd).

Wonderful car
By :) on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

My 1995 dodge neon was my first car I purchased. It's really reliable and takes me everywhere!!

Glad I got rid of it
By donny on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

when we got the car it ran for a while, then the transmission went sour, then the engine went sour, so we got rid of it. the thing came, however, came with an awesome stock sound system.

It's a Lemon!
By Andres6 on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

I replaced close to about absolutely everything on this vehicle except the engine. Auto Transmission only lasts 60K miles! AC and Head Gasket Last about 36K miles. Alternator belt, cables/wires/starter last about 4 years. This car is a complete lemon, and almost all Neons are like this. Neons were designed to break-down after the 3 year warranty.

Torn!
By Torn on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I'm torn. It's sooo cute and fun to drive, great mileage, and you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff I've packed into this car. BUT...while it never actually broke down on me, it's had to have a ton of work - tranny, head gasket, HO2 sensor, electrical, shocks, rust on edges of hood and trunk, and major paint flaking.

Best (worst) of both worlds
By goodandbad on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

Bought car new for my wife. Head gasket went at 30k just before warranty. At 65k again! Wanted me to pay for labor (maybe $300 on $600 bill) but I whined and they said Chrysler picked it up. At 100k it went again and I'm pretty sure we split the cost with the dealer.

No Joke, this car is a keeper
By No Joke on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought this car new with no frills, no AC, PW or PS. It has over 226,000 miles on it now and though it did blow a head gasket at about 170,000 miles, it has been practically a free car when you consider what most cars cost. We have maintained it regularly. Great Car, Great mileage...I recently got 41 MPG on a trip, though 34 MPG is typical, Great get up and go...even now. If you maintain these vehicles, I promise you will not be disappointed by anything.