Used 1995 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Great Car!
By Robert20876

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought car with 13,000 miles on it. Have driven it from Utah to Maryland 3 times with no problems! Cruises at 80 to 85 mph all day with no problem. 12 hr drive days are great, not tired at the end. Car has over 130,000 miles on it, and the interior still looks new! has the usual wear & tear. The only thing major was the tranny (I let the car set for 6 months while getting it licensed, this probably was not good for tranny.) I love the car. It has great handling, and gets great mileage (32 to 35 on highway, 28 around town.) Still looks good. I want to keep it for another 10 years! You can't go wrong with getting a 95 Neon!

Power, seating, handling, design, passing gear, trunk space.

A/C could be a little better.

It's A Great Little Car
By Paul

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

I bought my 95 Neon sport with 17k miles in 1995 and it now has 200,000 miles. I replaced the timing belt twice as well as a water pump and O2 sensor and nothing else. I am still driving with the original clutch. Of course I did tune ups, brake jobs and performed basic maintance. The car has been one of the most reliable cars I've owned and has always been a blast to drive. I would not however recommend the automatic. I don't understand why this car has such a poor resale value and poor reputation. It certainly exceeded my expectations in every way.

Fun to drive especially with the 5 speed. Great gas MPG's. I often averaged 38 mpg. Very tight and rattle free. Very reliable.

My auto trunk release never worked. The radio/cassette was marginal.

Just won't die
By dexnavigator

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

Bought brand new because it was much more powerful and fun to drive than the Civic, Saturn, Escort and Tercel we also tested. My wife drove daily over 100 miles into the CA desert with no problems. Last year the paint began peeling from the roof and truck, looks bad but Dodge says not warranted. I change the oil every 3K and trans fluid every 50K and had my first problem this year at 125K miles, a leaky sending unit for the oil (~$50 I think) and needed a new lower engine mount. Honestly, I am ready for something different; it looks rough, but the car just keeps going. Have heard reports of head gasket probs; Mexican builts and DOHCs?

Great stereo for a small car, acceleration and handling in a 30 mpg econo car. Reliabiltiy.

Paint that sticks to the car and headlight lenses that stay clear for at least a decade . . . please.

Good car
By jason21210

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

I think this car is a wonderful car if you are looking for something that is compact and good on fuel.

Shape of the car

Needs to be able to go a little faster.

TURDMOBILE
By smug1

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

This car is a TURD. . . Shakes Rattles & Rolls along the road. I bought it for basic trans for work. Paid 2K for it with 47K miles. Every two weeks I have to add 2-3 quarts of oil, it's quite embarassing. Somehow this car manages to start & drive me at anytime anywhere. I've driven this car hard for 8 months & 20K miles and It's been pretty reliable.

Ummm. . . what?

This car needs to be redone from head to toe. Quality needs to be improved? I believe the Honda Civic & Toyota Corolla have set the benchmark. When the Neon becomes what those vehicles are, they will have a winner on their hands.