1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Affordable and easy
By Piktograf on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

Just got this one. Previosly owned: Subaru Justy ("lovely" ECVT)'91, Buick Skylark'86, Mitsubishi Eclipse'00 (masturbationative Tectronic???). This one is for 9-to-5 commute and for $2100 with working AC its just perfect. Hard feelings over railtracks but hey - its driving!

a lot of problems
By Jim Ye on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

Constant noise because of windows without frames!! A weird knocking noise coming from the back of the car that no- one ever could figure out. Squeaky brakes. Head gasket went out at 95K, Engine oil leaking at 100K, struts went out at 100K. I run 15K on it, and have spent more than $2000 for fixing it.

If the part could be replaced... it was
By lpickard22 on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

I think I replaced every part of the car except the engine. I change my oilwhen I'm supposed to, I've had complete break jobs 3 times... $800 bucks a pop each time... I only have 90,000 miles... I'll never buy a dodge again.

Good Little Car
By chamb on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

My wifed owned for 8 years (purchased new) and NEVER had any problems with this car. Althought this isn't the safetest car on the road today, it did hold up well on 5/12/03 when she was broadsided by a new Ford Windstar Van...thank God nobody was hurt !!! Now she wants another one...that says something for this little car.

piece of trash that goes fast
By lovethepower on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

I won't lie to you. I enjoy driving this car. It's fairly fast for the price and manual trans is the best way to go here. The style is good, too. Unfortunately, the standard features on this car are awful. It has no power steering or a/c. There's no armrest or center console, making it difficult to be comfortable in the car. Other than the blown head gasket (I hate Chrysler), it's been very reliable. It has never broken down or had another serious problem in the eight years that it's been running. Go power!!

95 Neon. Not a bad little car
By John Smith2 on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

We may have been lucky and got a good one, but we have had good luck with our 95 Neon. No mechanical issues other than a voltage regulator going. Good mileage, relatively fun to drive with a stick shift. Brakes have always been a little soft, but overall not a bad little car.

Hate it!!!
By melann0331 on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Wouldn't do it again

Great car for the money...
By viprtv on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

Car was blessed with a few minor problems this first model year, but was an overall great little compact car for its time. It looked good, handled excellent (on ACR model), and had plenty of get-up-and-go for a four banger (on DOHC/perf 5 spd model). The cars terrible resale value makes it a heck of a personal investment. I own two neons and they're both 1995 models. Yes, I've had my share of problems, but any car can develop any problem on various conditions the car is used under.

great car
By street racer on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

i love this car

great little car!
By highly impressed on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in sept. 2000 with 89,000 and have put about 25,000 miles on it since then. I have to say that I have been really impressed with this little car, in the 2 1/2 years that I have had it the has been only one small problem with it..and that is that the speedometer would stop working from time to time, after talking to other Neon owners I found that it was just a loose connection in the gauge pod and it was fixed rather easily. The car gets great gas mileage and doesn't use a bit of oil. This is a great car,highly recommended