1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Reality Check
By ExZact on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

Nice base ride but do not look for extra comforts on this car. Watch out for engine trouble, especially areas related to the cylinder head. Solid tranmission, but a three speed auto limits the top speed as well as giving the impression you are working the engine too hard beyond 75-80 mph.

95 dodge neon highline
By browneyes on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

43000 miles when i bought it. Repairs are expensive. I have had to replace the water pump several times, the transmission $3400, alternator, cv joints fuel pump, fuel filter and much more. Oh by the way if you live where it snows, careful getting stuck. This car handles well in the snow i certainly feel safe. Or could that be because it is constantly stuck. Dont rock it.I have put about 7000- 8000 dollars into this car. I drove to new york once, car broke down on the way back in pennsylvania. I have not felt comfortable driving the hour to visit my family for fear that my children and i will be stranded. I swore off dodges after driving this car.

could be better....
By Lil' Red on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

The two biggest problems with this car are the A/C and the Oxygen Sensor. Can't believe how many times they have each been repaired. I have completely given up on fixing the A/C because it is like throwing money out the window. But, the car is really fun to drive. Very zippy! And it does get good gas mileage. Currently pondering an expensive head gasket repair. I know I should just buy another car...

Great Value
By Lukas on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

I wanted a small sports sedan with ABS, 4-wheel disc brakes, 5-speed, good power and room for my family at a low price- Neon delivered. It has been surprisingly durable and the cost of ownership has been very low- just passed 100,000 miles with original clutch, shocks, head-gasket, etc. Brake pads lasted to 80,000 miles!

The car that could & Dealership didn't!
By Outlawjedi on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

I love this car, I got one of the last ones off the assemly line. I custom ordered the car. My main complaint was the dealership, Tupelo Auto Sales (Tupelo,MS) service department is the worst dealership I have ever dealt with. They swindled me out of nearly 2,000 dollars in faulty work & breaks. An example, they supposed to install mophar parts, well guess where they went to get my break pads, WAL-MART!. They never told me ANYTHING.The bill even shows Mophar break pads!!! Oh well guess I have to go WAY out of my way to have service done.

Do not buy!!
By sponge81 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with only 24K on it. It was my first car. I should have realized that it was a piece of crap when the previous owner told me they already had to replace the transmission. every 6-7 months, something else would go wrong with it, my head gasket went, then the timing belt, and now my check engine like keeps coming on and going off again. It only has 50K on it right now! I've been really good to it, regular oil changes and tune-ups, but it was a very bad buy, I will never buy another Dodge.

Reliability and Economy
By Caramel on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

I bought the Neon new 8 years ago as a commuter car (4D, 5-speed manual). Has been serving me with excellent reliability and economy. With an 80/20 mix of highway/city, mileage is consistently better than 31 mpg. No major repairs so far, only wear and tear items such as brakes, tires replaced. Including cost of purchase, fuel, insurance, maintenance and repair, the cost per mile is 21 cents at this time.

Cheap fast car
By Blue 4 door on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

Very reliable car, put 15000 miles on it and the only thing that went was the rear main seal, and that was from doing 100 mph for 2000 miles ($35 and a long weekend of work), other than that no big problems, Has 130k miles and it still kills all the imports, even v6's I race it almost every weekend and hit 120 more times than I can count and it still runs stong. Gas milage is not good, but I also have a lead foot. If you maintain it, it will last. drive 50 miles back and forth to work every day and it never broke down on me.

looking for new car
By KLSGB on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

Have only had the car for a year and a half and have had it in 4 times because of oil leaks and twice for air conditioner problem, with more miles on it it has also become a lot louder when driving

ARGH!
By ARGH! on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1999. For the first 6 months, it treated me well. After that, it was all down hill. I blew my head gasket, my oil and transmission fluid are always leaking, my air conditioning only wants to work for one summer at a time, I've had problems with the oxygen sensor, and just recently there was a problem with my accelerator plate; I accelerated to 90 on the highway without even touching the gas petal, and when I decided it was time to slow down, neither the brakes or emergency brake would stop it. During the good times, it has treated me well, but when troubled time hit, they hit the pocket book hard!