106,000 strong and still going
By John on
1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan
I bought this as my first car back in may 2001. This can be a good first car for a teenager, college student or anyone looking for affordable transportation at a low price. The fuel economy is very good for this car. It has been very reliable for the 5 years that I have owned it so far. I had to replace the cylinder head gasket, rotors, brakes,electrical soleniod, and pcm. I regularly maintain it with oil changes, tire rotations, and tune ups. Even though certain things may break in this car, the maintenance costs sre very low. The acceleration is good and the braking and turning radius are good.
Favorite Features
The aftermarket Sony xplod stereo, Kenwood and Pioneer speakers, 18 inch konig caffene alloy rims with low profile tires, the heater during the winter months.
Suggested Improvements
The build quality of the a/c needs work.stupid things like to break but are very inexpensive to repair Besides this, the car should have a premium stereo like bose or mark levinson. The Newer SRT-4 have the kicker sound system while the base Neons get that crappy Chrysler stereo.