1995 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Overall a good experience
By bigrobotalligator on 03/24/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

When I purchasee this vehicle in 1998 it had about 80,000 km on it. overall through the years I feel it held up quite well. It did have some repairs done but not the flurry of them one frequently sees in reviews for it, maybe I just got lucky. However in my case this car did not age well, at around 220,000 km or so, it turned into a money pit and I ended up selling it for parts. Still I got 6 pretty good years out of it and feel it was a worthwhile purchase. Parts are also fairly cheap.

Better Than I Expected!!!!
By daddyblue on 08/13/09 09:43 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my '95 Neon in Dec. of 2008, Since then, except for routine tune- ups, I haven't had one problem out of the car that I bought for 300.00. I have been to out of state 17 times in the past 6 months on business, the car has helped me make almost a quarter million dollars, and she is still ticking. So now i'm going to return the favor a let someone buy the car for 300 dollars.

360,000 miles on engine!
By Rabbit on 01/18/09 18:28 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Dodge Neon's engine came from another that was in a roll-over accident, so the engine currently has about 360k on it and still running strong. (updated head gaskets as soon as it started acting up) It's amazing how it gets the mileage of a pile of junk Ford Escort but the comfort and smooth ride of an Intrepid. Overall, a beautiful car. Just be sure if you buy one, it's got updated head gaskets. That's the only problem I've had.

Love it but minor problems stink
By nate on 03/06/08 20:38 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned the car for about 4 months now and there are several problems that have driven me crazy trying to fix. All the seals on the windows are shot. My backseat carpet is constantly soaked. Reverse stalling.. sometimes in reverse the thing stalls. Struts gave out after 1 big bump! Annoying stereo setup (maybe not factory.. not sure about this) What I liked about this car. Very reliable. Nice gas mileage. Easy to fix. Fun to drive (especially on straightaways) Very good oil consumption...about 1/2 a quart every month keeps it at nice levels even with me beating the crap out of it. No broken lines yet. such as the brake, gas, or any others

Not that great of a car
By james on 08/15/07 11:57 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Neon with somewhere around 62,000 miles, which at the time seemed great. But the car leaked massive amounts of oil, and the speedometer broke and would come on and off while driving(so my Neon still has around 62,000 miles). The longer I had the Neon the worse the problems got. Often on the freeway ramp the car will take a long time to shift into a higher gear, forcing me to merge with free way traffic at 45mph. I've taken mine to the shop to repace 02 sensor, head gasket, and just recently the wiring to the computer. I have had the Neon die on me while driving in traffic a number of times (which is both embarrassing and scary). I am done with Neons, they require too much up keep.

Lemon
By FUNGUY on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

Head gasket went after 38K, A/C repaired in 3rd year, electrical problems with signal lights, then radio. Paint pealing off roof and both wiper arms had paint peeling and they both have broken. On the highway the windows scream. Weather stripping around doors and trunk were coming off. Piece of crap!

Reality Check
By ExZact on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

Nice base ride but do not look for extra comforts on this car. Watch out for engine trouble, especially areas related to the cylinder head. Solid tranmission, but a three speed auto limits the top speed as well as giving the impression you are working the engine too hard beyond 75-80 mph.

Reliability and Economy
By Caramel on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the Neon new 8 years ago as a commuter car (4D, 5-speed manual). Has been serving me with excellent reliability and economy. With an 80/20 mix of highway/city, mileage is consistently better than 31 mpg. No major repairs so far, only wear and tear items such as brakes, tires replaced. Including cost of purchase, fuel, insurance, maintenance and repair, the cost per mile is 21 cents at this time.

a lot of problems
By Jim Ye on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

Constant noise because of windows without frames!! A weird knocking noise coming from the back of the car that no- one ever could figure out. Squeaky brakes. Head gasket went out at 95K, Engine oil leaking at 100K, struts went out at 100K. I run 15K on it, and have spent more than $2000 for fixing it.

Good Little Car
By chamb on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

My wifed owned for 8 years (purchased new) and NEVER had any problems with this car. Althought this isn't the safetest car on the road today, it did hold up well on 5/12/03 when she was broadsided by a new Ford Windstar Van...thank God nobody was hurt !!! Now she wants another one...that says something for this little car.