1995 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Overall a good experience
By bigrobotalligator on 03/24/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

When I purchasee this vehicle in 1998 it had about 80,000 km on it. overall through the years I feel it held up quite well. It did have some repairs done but not the flurry of them one frequently sees in reviews for it, maybe I just got lucky. However in my case this car did not age well, at around 220,000 km or so, it turned into a money pit and I ended up selling it for parts. Still I got 6 pretty good years out of it and feel it was a worthwhile purchase. Parts are also fairly cheap.

Better Than I Expected!!!!
By daddyblue on 08/13/09 09:43 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my '95 Neon in Dec. of 2008, Since then, except for routine tune- ups, I haven't had one problem out of the car that I bought for 300.00. I have been to out of state 17 times in the past 6 months on business, the car has helped me make almost a quarter million dollars, and she is still ticking. So now i'm going to return the favor a let someone buy the car for 300 dollars.

amazing little car
By dodge man on 06/12/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

This car was purchased new. It now has 115,000 miles on it, virtually trouble free. Original plugs, brakes and hoses sill in place. All belts replaced at 70,000 miles. The a/c compressor bearing went out at 12 years and approx. 98,000 miles. That's it for breakage. The car was ordered with Sport Suspension and handles like a sports car. I've had it up to 125 mph and it had more to go.... Fuel mileage is still a consistent 30mpg city/42 hwy. since break in, stick shift of course(after the first 10,000 miles). What truly amazes me are the mutts who buy one of these with a ton of miles, put on by someone who abuses the car, and than complain about all the problems they are having.

flogging neons
By dodge me on 04/25/09 21:53 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

I have a 1995 neon with approximately 125,000 miles on it after getting it I found one gremlin in the instrument cluster (repaired ground) then built it for minor performance and fuel economy amazingly I was getting 55+ mpg highway from my .75 overdiven manual trans. 2.0l sohc only thing I have yet to find wrong has been the head gasket never had any problems up to the point I rebuilt the cylinder head for more perf. and no signs of leaks.

360,000 miles on engine!
By Rabbit on 01/18/09 18:28 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Dodge Neon's engine came from another that was in a roll-over accident, so the engine currently has about 360k on it and still running strong. (updated head gaskets as soon as it started acting up) It's amazing how it gets the mileage of a pile of junk Ford Escort but the comfort and smooth ride of an Intrepid. Overall, a beautiful car. Just be sure if you buy one, it's got updated head gaskets. That's the only problem I've had.

Avoid the Neon
By Neon Owner on 01/10/09 22:27 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle used with with 40k on it in 1998. While for the most part it was dependable, nearly every little thing that could go wrong did: insturment cluster failure, stereo stopped working, paint coming off with major rust, tinting bubbling, windows stopped working, power locks failed, interior and exterior trim falling off the car. I could go on. Performance-wise, the ride was stiff, but it handled well. Low power, not very sporty at all and fuel economy was bad. I averaged about 22mpg with mostly city use. Very low miles were put on the car. With no warning and about 80,000 total miles on the vehicle, it threw the timing belt and destroyed the engine.

Love it but minor problems stink
By nate on 03/06/08 20:38 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned the car for about 4 months now and there are several problems that have driven me crazy trying to fix. All the seals on the windows are shot. My backseat carpet is constantly soaked. Reverse stalling.. sometimes in reverse the thing stalls. Struts gave out after 1 big bump! Annoying stereo setup (maybe not factory.. not sure about this) What I liked about this car. Very reliable. Nice gas mileage. Easy to fix. Fun to drive (especially on straightaways) Very good oil consumption...about 1/2 a quart every month keeps it at nice levels even with me beating the crap out of it. No broken lines yet. such as the brake, gas, or any others

Learned to appreciate it
By colmark12 on 01/23/08 23:40 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

Bought mine with about 150 K miles. Really didnt like it at first...it's not exactly attractive, and it sometimes has a tiny feel. but it grew on me due to the reliability. So many quirks--trunk/back seat leak, weak dashboard, everything rattles, 3 speakers have gone out, meters give out, AC stinks (especially here in AZ), etc. But at the end of the day its done exactly what I've needed it to do. No major problems, just a few things here and there. The acceleration is horrible (automatic) but the car handles amazingly. I've had friends with new cars comment on it. Lasted longer than everyone elses '92-'98 used cars even though people make fun of it. The little compact that could.

Not that great of a car
By james on 08/15/07 11:57 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Neon with somewhere around 62,000 miles, which at the time seemed great. But the car leaked massive amounts of oil, and the speedometer broke and would come on and off while driving(so my Neon still has around 62,000 miles). The longer I had the Neon the worse the problems got. Often on the freeway ramp the car will take a long time to shift into a higher gear, forcing me to merge with free way traffic at 45mph. I've taken mine to the shop to repace 02 sensor, head gasket, and just recently the wiring to the computer. I have had the Neon die on me while driving in traffic a number of times (which is both embarrassing and scary). I am done with Neons, they require too much up keep.

Roller coaster
By Kesha on 02/11/07 18:11 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

The Dodge Neon is the worst car I have ever had. I wanted the car because it was cheap. But the car repairs make up for the money that I was trying to save. I had to replace the head gasket. It cost me a thousand dollars to fix. The brakes are bad. They have to have a heavy duty liner on it to help it last a little longer. The car is loud when you drive it. The axle was bad. The heat doesn't work well at all. The clear coat on the paint is coming off. It just is a sad little car what can I say.