Used 1995 Dodge Neon Highline Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Disappointed
By highly disappointed

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

So, I bought this car because it was all I could afford at the time. However, I wish someone had told me how cheap it was, not to mention that they are hot cars to steal. This car is made so cheap the interior doors were coming off (plastic). Most 95' have problems with oil leaking so I was told by a mechanic. I had my car stolen the police said they are easy to steal. HE was right! I could easily pry my fingers behind my window and unlock my doors. Other problems I encountered with this cheaply made vehicle were that the driver side lock was broke so in order to lock my car I had to go through the passenger side to get into the car. The radio would work occasionally.

I guess it was good on gas, small and affordable.

I wish I would have read Emdunds.com before I bought the vehicle.

Good car
By jason21210

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I think this car is a wonderful car if you are looking for something that is compact and good on fuel.

Shape of the car

Needs to be able to go a little faster.

Affordable and easy
By Piktograf

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

Just got this one. Previosly owned: Subaru Justy ("lovely" ECVT)'91, Buick Skylark'86, Mitsubishi Eclipse'00 (masturbationative Tectronic???). This one is for 9-to-5 commute and for $2100 with working AC its just perfect. Hard feelings over railtracks but hey - its driving!

Market value, turns, interior, gas saving.

Dooooorrrs!!

If the part could be replaced... it was
By lpickard22

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I think I replaced every part of the car except the engine. I change my oilwhen I'm supposed to, I've had complete break jobs 3 times... $800 bucks a pop each time... I only have 90,000 miles... I'll never buy a dodge again.

None

stronger console, visors, everything breaks.

Please take note:
By Straight out

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I got my Neon when a friend got too rough with it and tore the clutch out.He at the time decided to purchase a SUV instead of repairing it. I purchased it for $200.00 and have replaced the torn out clutch, replaced the broken transmission,installed new front brakes, repaired an electrical fault, and replace the A/C compressor clutch to make it a cool comfortable ride. For mileage and condition of this car I am impressed!The car performs well and handles beyond my expectations.The car is as it should be an affordable, economical, vechicle. Miles do add up and things do wear. And not all owners are equal and not all cars are treated the same.

The car handles well without alot of torque steer. When speed shifting you can get rubber in third gear, Winds out nicely and I love to ride the power band. I am tall 6'3" and feel comfortable in the drivers seat (rare).The faults previously mentioned were driver abuse.

Slight rattle in the doors with the windows down. Four wheel disc brakes should come as standard equipment.