1995 Dodge Neon Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Disappointed
By highly disappointed on 05/07/09 13:01 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

So, I bought this car because it was all I could afford at the time. However, I wish someone had told me how cheap it was, not to mention that they are hot cars to steal. This car is made so cheap the interior doors were coming off (plastic). Most 95' have problems with oil leaking so I was told by a mechanic. I had my car stolen the police said they are easy to steal. HE was right! I could easily pry my fingers behind my window and unlock my doors. Other problems I encountered with this cheaply made vehicle were that the driver side lock was broke so in order to lock my car I had to go through the passenger side to get into the car. The radio would work occasionally.

Good car
By jason21210 on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I think this car is a wonderful car if you are looking for something that is compact and good on fuel.

Affordable and easy
By Piktograf on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

Just got this one. Previosly owned: Subaru Justy ("lovely" ECVT)'91, Buick Skylark'86, Mitsubishi Eclipse'00 (masturbationative Tectronic???). This one is for 9-to-5 commute and for $2100 with working AC its just perfect. Hard feelings over railtracks but hey - its driving!

If the part could be replaced... it was
By lpickard22 on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I think I replaced every part of the car except the engine. I change my oilwhen I'm supposed to, I've had complete break jobs 3 times... $800 bucks a pop each time... I only have 90,000 miles... I'll never buy a dodge again.

Please take note:
By Straight out on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I got my Neon when a friend got too rough with it and tore the clutch out.He at the time decided to purchase a SUV instead of repairing it. I purchased it for $200.00 and have replaced the torn out clutch, replaced the broken transmission,installed new front brakes, repaired an electrical fault, and replace the A/C compressor clutch to make it a cool comfortable ride. For mileage and condition of this car I am impressed!The car performs well and handles beyond my expectations.The car is as it should be an affordable, economical, vechicle. Miles do add up and things do wear. And not all owners are equal and not all cars are treated the same.

Best Car Around for the Money
By neonspd95 on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I've read many other reviews that said poorly of this car, but all I can think is that those people simply can not take care of a car, because mine has been really good to me. The car is quite sporty, gets excellent gas milage (provided you don't floor it everywhere) and is quite reliable. My only complaints are some road noise from the frameless windows, and a bit of noise coming from the AC compressor. Other than that, this is a very fun, very solid, very reliable car for it's price range - BUT YOU HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF IT FOR IT TO TAKE CARE OF YOU - most ppl don't seem to understand this point...

Biggest Piece of Crap Ever
By Stay Away from Neons on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

DO NOT buy this car. I bought this car with 60,000 miles on it. At 65k I had to replace the head gasket, then again at 73k, and again at 84k, and once more at 98k. A/C went and the whole thing needed to be replaced $1,500. Transmission problems at 100k, but it did have 100k.

neons
By neon on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I think that the neon is an alright car it doesnt have very fast acceleration and it really touchy but its fun to drive and you can improve it so its alright its definitly not a car that you would want to drive fast or hard