Used 1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Disappointed
By highly disappointed

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

So, I bought this car because it was all I could afford at the time. However, I wish someone had told me how cheap it was, not to mention that they are hot cars to steal. This car is made so cheap the interior doors were coming off (plastic). Most 95' have problems with oil leaking so I was told by a mechanic. I had my car stolen the police said they are easy to steal. HE was right! I could easily pry my fingers behind my window and unlock my doors. Other problems I encountered with this cheaply made vehicle were that the driver side lock was broke so in order to lock my car I had to go through the passenger side to get into the car. The radio would work occasionally.

Favorite Features

I guess it was good on gas, small and affordable.

Suggested Improvements

I wish I would have read Emdunds.com before I bought the vehicle.

Should have listened to my wife
By Dre

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe

Seemed like a good transition vehicle from the penthouse to the poorhouse! I paid 2 grand for it, twice! Everything that could go wrong with it did. Spent so much time at the shop that a few times he looked at it for free because he felt sorry for me. Now when I drive it, it just dies! Not safe, leaks oil, runs hot, no a/c, a straight bucket!

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

discontinue the line. start from scratch.

this car goes the extra mile!
By danielle

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe

I have had my little neon since 2000 with one other owner. She's a 1995, an old car but very reliable, getting me through many a snowstorm and trips up north. I get about 30 miles to the gallon on highway...a fun car to drive with not a lot of time in the garage. I love my neon and would like to get a newer model of the same car someday...when my old one finally dies

Favorite Features

gas mileage is very economical!!

Suggested Improvements

i would improve the cup holders and trunk space too

Cool little car
By lovin it

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe

Well, this is a very fun car. The day after I bought it, it started blowing a fuse and shuting off on it's own. I found out that one of the most common problems for the Neon is the O2 sensor wiring harness detatching. I had mine fixed and it cost $195.00, the auto electrician told me that most shops never tell you it's some thing simple, they just fix the harness and charge you for a sensor! Beyond that one very badly timed breakdown, I would say this has been a great car. I love my Neon!

Favorite Features

The interior is nice, and the DOHC engine is rad looking and great performing. The center of the back seats can be pulled forward, allowing the car to haul all sorts of crazy stuff.

Suggested Improvements

Paint that does not oxidize, and nothing else because the car is great!

Good car
By jason21210

1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I think this car is a wonderful car if you are looking for something that is compact and good on fuel.

Favorite Features

Shape of the car

Suggested Improvements

Needs to be able to go a little faster.