1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Should have listened to my wife
By Dre on 09/06/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

Seemed like a good transition vehicle from the penthouse to the poorhouse! I paid 2 grand for it, twice! Everything that could go wrong with it did. Spent so much time at the shop that a few times he looked at it for free because he felt sorry for me. Now when I drive it, it just dies! Not safe, leaks oil, runs hot, no a/c, a straight bucket!

this car goes the extra mile!
By danielle on 03/30/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

I have had my little neon since 2000 with one other owner. She's a 1995, an old car but very reliable, getting me through many a snowstorm and trips up north. I get about 30 miles to the gallon on highway...a fun car to drive with not a lot of time in the garage. I love my neon and would like to get a newer model of the same car someday...when my old one finally dies

Cool little car
By lovin it on 01/27/06 16:14 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

Well, this is a very fun car. The day after I bought it, it started blowing a fuse and shuting off on it's own. I found out that one of the most common problems for the Neon is the O2 sensor wiring harness detatching. I had mine fixed and it cost $195.00, the auto electrician told me that most shops never tell you it's some thing simple, they just fix the harness and charge you for a sensor! Beyond that one very badly timed breakdown, I would say this has been a great car. I love my Neon!

Great car for the money...
By viprtv on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

Car was blessed with a few minor problems this first model year, but was an overall great little compact car for its time. It looked good, handled excellent (on ACR model), and had plenty of get-up-and-go for a four banger (on DOHC/perf 5 spd model). The cars terrible resale value makes it a heck of a personal investment. I own two neons and they're both 1995 models. Yes, I've had my share of problems, but any car can develop any problem on various conditions the car is used under.

Happy with my Neon
By Happy-Neon on 03/10/02 21:11 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

I purchased my neon new, I've had it 7 years and it has 115,000+ miles. I've changed to oil religiously and only last year I had to replace the breaks, and head gasket. Hey, what the heck the car has been very good to me, gets great gas mileage, rides smoothly, and it is fun. I have a 4 door, with sunroof and spoiler on the back so it looks sporty. I have been very happy with my NEON!