1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
amazing little car
By dodge man on 06/12/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

This car was purchased new. It now has 115,000 miles on it, virtually trouble free. Original plugs, brakes and hoses sill in place. All belts replaced at 70,000 miles. The a/c compressor bearing went out at 12 years and approx. 98,000 miles. That's it for breakage. The car was ordered with Sport Suspension and handles like a sports car. I've had it up to 125 mph and it had more to go.... Fuel mileage is still a consistent 30mpg city/42 hwy. since break in, stick shift of course(after the first 10,000 miles). What truly amazes me are the mutts who buy one of these with a ton of miles, put on by someone who abuses the car, and than complain about all the problems they are having.

flogging neons
By dodge me on 04/25/09 21:53 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I have a 1995 neon with approximately 125,000 miles on it after getting it I found one gremlin in the instrument cluster (repaired ground) then built it for minor performance and fuel economy amazingly I was getting 55+ mpg highway from my .75 overdiven manual trans. 2.0l sohc only thing I have yet to find wrong has been the head gasket never had any problems up to the point I rebuilt the cylinder head for more perf. and no signs of leaks.

Roller coaster
By Kesha on 02/11/07 18:11 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

The Dodge Neon is the worst car I have ever had. I wanted the car because it was cheap. But the car repairs make up for the money that I was trying to save. I had to replace the head gasket. It cost me a thousand dollars to fix. The brakes are bad. They have to have a heavy duty liner on it to help it last a little longer. The car is loud when you drive it. The axle was bad. The heat doesn't work well at all. The clear coat on the paint is coming off. It just is a sad little car what can I say.

106,000 strong and still going
By John on 12/02/05 18:11 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought this as my first car back in may 2001. This can be a good first car for a teenager, college student or anyone looking for affordable transportation at a low price. The fuel economy is very good for this car. It has been very reliable for the 5 years that I have owned it so far. I had to replace the cylinder head gasket, rotors, brakes,electrical soleniod, and pcm. I regularly maintain it with oil changes, tire rotations, and tune ups. Even though certain things may break in this car, the maintenance costs sre very low. The acceleration is good and the braking and turning radius are good.

Great Car!
By Robert20876 on 01/11/05 12:24 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought car with 13,000 miles on it. Have driven it from Utah to Maryland 3 times with no problems! Cruises at 80 to 85 mph all day with no problem. 12 hr drive days are great, not tired at the end. Car has over 130,000 miles on it, and the interior still looks new! has the usual wear & tear. The only thing major was the tranny (I let the car set for 6 months while getting it licensed, this probably was not good for tranny.) I love the car. It has great handling, and gets great mileage (32 to 35 on highway, 28 around town.) Still looks good. I want to keep it for another 10 years! You can't go wrong with getting a 95 Neon!

Just won't die
By dexnavigator on 11/08/04 19:01 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

Bought brand new because it was much more powerful and fun to drive than the Civic, Saturn, Escort and Tercel we also tested. My wife drove daily over 100 miles into the CA desert with no problems. Last year the paint began peeling from the roof and truck, looks bad but Dodge says not warranted. I change the oil every 3K and trans fluid every 50K and had my first problem this year at 125K miles, a leaky sending unit for the oil (~$50 I think) and needed a new lower engine mount. Honestly, I am ready for something different; it looks rough, but the car just keeps going. Have heard reports of head gasket probs; Mexican builts and DOHCs?

Great car for a cheap price
By Oilman on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

Great car for a cheap price. I purchased this car with 27K miles, now I have over 200,000 miles and it is still going strong. I have changed the head gasket once and had to replace a faulty turn signal switch, other then that, it has been a very solid car. Of course I change the oil on time and keep the tires in good shape. I still get over 35 miles per gallon on the freeway. My only complaint is the paint. It fell off in large chunks because of a bad base coat. I have asked the dealership to repaint it, but they refused. Hay, it only looks bad for Dodge, I do not care. I still drive this car about 1500 miles a month.

95 dodge neon highline
By browneyes on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

43000 miles when i bought it. Repairs are expensive. I have had to replace the water pump several times, the transmission $3400, alternator, cv joints fuel pump, fuel filter and much more. Oh by the way if you live where it snows, careful getting stuck. This car handles well in the snow i certainly feel safe. Or could that be because it is constantly stuck. Dont rock it.I have put about 7000- 8000 dollars into this car. I drove to new york once, car broke down on the way back in pennsylvania. I have not felt comfortable driving the hour to visit my family for fear that my children and i will be stranded. I swore off dodges after driving this car.

looking for new car
By KLSGB on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

Have only had the car for a year and a half and have had it in 4 times because of oil leaks and twice for air conditioner problem, with more miles on it it has also become a lot louder when driving

95 Neon. Not a bad little car
By John Smith2 on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

We may have been lucky and got a good one, but we have had good luck with our 95 Neon. No mechanical issues other than a voltage regulator going. Good mileage, relatively fun to drive with a stick shift. Brakes have always been a little soft, but overall not a bad little car.