Used 1995 Dodge Neon Highline Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

1995 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

amazing little car
By dodge man

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

This car was purchased new. It now has 115,000 miles on it, virtually trouble free. Original plugs, brakes and hoses sill in place. All belts replaced at 70,000 miles. The a/c compressor bearing went out at 12 years and approx. 98,000 miles. That's it for breakage. The car was ordered with Sport Suspension and handles like a sports car. I've had it up to 125 mph and it had more to go.... Fuel mileage is still a consistent 30mpg city/42 hwy. since break in, stick shift of course(after the first 10,000 miles). What truly amazes me are the mutts who buy one of these with a ton of miles, put on by someone who abuses the car, and than complain about all the problems they are having.

fuel mileage, good handling and speed

more padding for the seats

flogging neons
By dodge me

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I have a 1995 neon with approximately 125,000 miles on it after getting it I found one gremlin in the instrument cluster (repaired ground) then built it for minor performance and fuel economy amazingly I was getting 55+ mpg highway from my .75 overdiven manual trans. 2.0l sohc only thing I have yet to find wrong has been the head gasket never had any problems up to the point I rebuilt the cylinder head for more perf. and no signs of leaks.

35 mpg city 55 hwy 1:0.75 overdrive, minor suspension upgrades needed for high speed maneuverability (polygraphite bushings) and of coarse lack of repairs needed other than from driver error

Skid plate for oil pan watch out for chicagos car swallowing potholoesas well as gravel driveway potholes and the lack of oil pressure afterward (oil pan formed around oil pickup isn't a good thing).

Roller coaster
By Kesha

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

The Dodge Neon is the worst car I have ever had. I wanted the car because it was cheap. But the car repairs make up for the money that I was trying to save. I had to replace the head gasket. It cost me a thousand dollars to fix. The brakes are bad. They have to have a heavy duty liner on it to help it last a little longer. The car is loud when you drive it. The axle was bad. The heat doesn't work well at all. The clear coat on the paint is coming off. It just is a sad little car what can I say.

None

Just do the opposite of what they did when they made it.

106,000 strong and still going
By John

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought this as my first car back in may 2001. This can be a good first car for a teenager, college student or anyone looking for affordable transportation at a low price. The fuel economy is very good for this car. It has been very reliable for the 5 years that I have owned it so far. I had to replace the cylinder head gasket, rotors, brakes,electrical soleniod, and pcm. I regularly maintain it with oil changes, tire rotations, and tune ups. Even though certain things may break in this car, the maintenance costs sre very low. The acceleration is good and the braking and turning radius are good.

The aftermarket Sony xplod stereo, Kenwood and Pioneer speakers, 18 inch konig caffene alloy rims with low profile tires, the heater during the winter months.

The build quality of the a/c needs work.stupid things like to break but are very inexpensive to repair Besides this, the car should have a premium stereo like bose or mark levinson. The Newer SRT-4 have the kicker sound system while the base Neons get that crappy Chrysler stereo.

Great Car!
By Robert20876

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought car with 13,000 miles on it. Have driven it from Utah to Maryland 3 times with no problems! Cruises at 80 to 85 mph all day with no problem. 12 hr drive days are great, not tired at the end. Car has over 130,000 miles on it, and the interior still looks new! has the usual wear & tear. The only thing major was the tranny (I let the car set for 6 months while getting it licensed, this probably was not good for tranny.) I love the car. It has great handling, and gets great mileage (32 to 35 on highway, 28 around town.) Still looks good. I want to keep it for another 10 years! You can't go wrong with getting a 95 Neon!

Power, seating, handling, design, passing gear, trunk space.

A/C could be a little better.