1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Overall a good experience
By bigrobotalligator on 03/24/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

When I purchasee this vehicle in 1998 it had about 80,000 km on it. overall through the years I feel it held up quite well. It did have some repairs done but not the flurry of them one frequently sees in reviews for it, maybe I just got lucky. However in my case this car did not age well, at around 220,000 km or so, it turned into a money pit and I ended up selling it for parts. Still I got 6 pretty good years out of it and feel it was a worthwhile purchase. Parts are also fairly cheap.

Better Than I Expected!!!!
By daddyblue on 08/13/09 09:43 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

I bought my '95 Neon in Dec. of 2008, Since then, except for routine tune- ups, I haven't had one problem out of the car that I bought for 300.00. I have been to out of state 17 times in the past 6 months on business, the car has helped me make almost a quarter million dollars, and she is still ticking. So now i'm going to return the favor a let someone buy the car for 300 dollars.

amazing little car
By dodge man on 06/12/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

This car was purchased new. It now has 115,000 miles on it, virtually trouble free. Original plugs, brakes and hoses sill in place. All belts replaced at 70,000 miles. The a/c compressor bearing went out at 12 years and approx. 98,000 miles. That's it for breakage. The car was ordered with Sport Suspension and handles like a sports car. I've had it up to 125 mph and it had more to go.... Fuel mileage is still a consistent 30mpg city/42 hwy. since break in, stick shift of course(after the first 10,000 miles). What truly amazes me are the mutts who buy one of these with a ton of miles, put on by someone who abuses the car, and than complain about all the problems they are having.

Disappointed
By highly disappointed on 05/07/09 13:01 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

So, I bought this car because it was all I could afford at the time. However, I wish someone had told me how cheap it was, not to mention that they are hot cars to steal. This car is made so cheap the interior doors were coming off (plastic). Most 95' have problems with oil leaking so I was told by a mechanic. I had my car stolen the police said they are easy to steal. HE was right! I could easily pry my fingers behind my window and unlock my doors. Other problems I encountered with this cheaply made vehicle were that the driver side lock was broke so in order to lock my car I had to go through the passenger side to get into the car. The radio would work occasionally.

flogging neons
By dodge me on 04/25/09 21:53 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I have a 1995 neon with approximately 125,000 miles on it after getting it I found one gremlin in the instrument cluster (repaired ground) then built it for minor performance and fuel economy amazingly I was getting 55+ mpg highway from my .75 overdiven manual trans. 2.0l sohc only thing I have yet to find wrong has been the head gasket never had any problems up to the point I rebuilt the cylinder head for more perf. and no signs of leaks.

360,000 miles on engine!
By Rabbit on 01/18/09 18:28 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

My Dodge Neon's engine came from another that was in a roll-over accident, so the engine currently has about 360k on it and still running strong. (updated head gaskets as soon as it started acting up) It's amazing how it gets the mileage of a pile of junk Ford Escort but the comfort and smooth ride of an Intrepid. Overall, a beautiful car. Just be sure if you buy one, it's got updated head gaskets. That's the only problem I've had.

Avoid the Neon
By Neon Owner on 01/10/09 22:27 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle used with with 40k on it in 1998. While for the most part it was dependable, nearly every little thing that could go wrong did: insturment cluster failure, stereo stopped working, paint coming off with major rust, tinting bubbling, windows stopped working, power locks failed, interior and exterior trim falling off the car. I could go on. Performance-wise, the ride was stiff, but it handled well. Low power, not very sporty at all and fuel economy was bad. I averaged about 22mpg with mostly city use. Very low miles were put on the car. With no warning and about 80,000 total miles on the vehicle, it threw the timing belt and destroyed the engine.

Should have listened to my wife
By Dre on 09/06/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

Seemed like a good transition vehicle from the penthouse to the poorhouse! I paid 2 grand for it, twice! Everything that could go wrong with it did. Spent so much time at the shop that a few times he looked at it for free because he felt sorry for me. Now when I drive it, it just dies! Not safe, leaks oil, runs hot, no a/c, a straight bucket!

this car goes the extra mile!
By danielle on 03/30/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

I have had my little neon since 2000 with one other owner. She's a 1995, an old car but very reliable, getting me through many a snowstorm and trips up north. I get about 30 miles to the gallon on highway...a fun car to drive with not a lot of time in the garage. I love my neon and would like to get a newer model of the same car someday...when my old one finally dies

Love it but minor problems stink
By nate on 03/06/08 20:38 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

I've owned the car for about 4 months now and there are several problems that have driven me crazy trying to fix. All the seals on the windows are shot. My backseat carpet is constantly soaked. Reverse stalling.. sometimes in reverse the thing stalls. Struts gave out after 1 big bump! Annoying stereo setup (maybe not factory.. not sure about this) What I liked about this car. Very reliable. Nice gas mileage. Easy to fix. Fun to drive (especially on straightaways) Very good oil consumption...about 1/2 a quart every month keeps it at nice levels even with me beating the crap out of it. No broken lines yet. such as the brake, gas, or any others