Used 1995 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

1995 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Overall a good experience
By bigrobotalligator

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

When I purchasee this vehicle in 1998 it had about 80,000 km on it. overall through the years I feel it held up quite well. It did have some repairs done but not the flurry of them one frequently sees in reviews for it, maybe I just got lucky. However in my case this car did not age well, at around 220,000 km or so, it turned into a money pit and I ended up selling it for parts. Still I got 6 pretty good years out of it and feel it was a worthwhile purchase. Parts are also fairly cheap.

Favorite Features

The handling was really nice, it was a smooth comfortable ride!

Suggested Improvements

Build it for longevity. I may be biased on this now, but I currently drive a 91 Toyota Camry at just over 370,000 km and it's still puttering along.

Better Than I Expected!!!!
By daddyblue

1995 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan

I bought my '95 Neon in Dec. of 2008, Since then, except for routine tune- ups, I haven't had one problem out of the car that I bought for 300.00. I have been to out of state 17 times in the past 6 months on business, the car has helped me make almost a quarter million dollars, and she is still ticking. So now i'm going to return the favor a let someone buy the car for 300 dollars.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, tough engine.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension, suspension, suspension!!! Does not feel good when your riding on a bumpy road. Feels like your riding on the ground.

amazing little car
By dodge man

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

This car was purchased new. It now has 115,000 miles on it, virtually trouble free. Original plugs, brakes and hoses sill in place. All belts replaced at 70,000 miles. The a/c compressor bearing went out at 12 years and approx. 98,000 miles. That's it for breakage. The car was ordered with Sport Suspension and handles like a sports car. I've had it up to 125 mph and it had more to go.... Fuel mileage is still a consistent 30mpg city/42 hwy. since break in, stick shift of course(after the first 10,000 miles). What truly amazes me are the mutts who buy one of these with a ton of miles, put on by someone who abuses the car, and than complain about all the problems they are having.

Favorite Features

fuel mileage, good handling and speed

Suggested Improvements

more padding for the seats

Disappointed
By highly disappointed

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

So, I bought this car because it was all I could afford at the time. However, I wish someone had told me how cheap it was, not to mention that they are hot cars to steal. This car is made so cheap the interior doors were coming off (plastic). Most 95' have problems with oil leaking so I was told by a mechanic. I had my car stolen the police said they are easy to steal. HE was right! I could easily pry my fingers behind my window and unlock my doors. Other problems I encountered with this cheaply made vehicle were that the driver side lock was broke so in order to lock my car I had to go through the passenger side to get into the car. The radio would work occasionally.

Favorite Features

I guess it was good on gas, small and affordable.

Suggested Improvements

I wish I would have read Emdunds.com before I bought the vehicle.

flogging neons
By dodge me

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I have a 1995 neon with approximately 125,000 miles on it after getting it I found one gremlin in the instrument cluster (repaired ground) then built it for minor performance and fuel economy amazingly I was getting 55+ mpg highway from my .75 overdiven manual trans. 2.0l sohc only thing I have yet to find wrong has been the head gasket never had any problems up to the point I rebuilt the cylinder head for more perf. and no signs of leaks.

Favorite Features

35 mpg city 55 hwy 1:0.75 overdrive, minor suspension upgrades needed for high speed maneuverability (polygraphite bushings) and of coarse lack of repairs needed other than from driver error

Suggested Improvements

Skid plate for oil pan watch out for chicagos car swallowing potholoesas well as gravel driveway potholes and the lack of oil pressure afterward (oil pan formed around oil pickup isn't a good thing).