Used 2008 Dodge Magnum SXT Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Great purchase - would buy another!
By NJBloke

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2008 certified pre-owned Dodge Magnum SXT (silver/black) three months ago and love it. I needed space for a part-time business (photography) and did not want an SUV/crossover. This vehicle drives like a car and has more space and style then any mid-sized SUV on the road. The '08's are relatively rare as they have a redesigned front facia as well as interior (higher-end soft touch plastics, nicer center console, etc.). If you can find a CPO SXT with low miles for a reasonable price- grab it! I searched for 3 months and stole mine; it had 16K miles on it and I bought for $12,800. I plan on keeping this as a second car for years to come.

Favorite Features

Great passing power from the 3.5 V6 (250hp). The exterior gorgeous; strong, clean and confident. The interior is clean with logical placement of controls. It is very well built. The back seat has tremendous leg room, and 72 cu ft with rear seats down. Rear liftgate is an excellent design.

Suggested Improvements

None. I am 33 years old professional male and love cruising around in my Magnum. Power, room and handling wrapped up in a tastefully aggressive package. Great vehicle, I'm happy they are relatively rare too. Would buy another in a heartbeat.

Seduced by style....
By Waggineer

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased an 8 month old Magnum SXT with well less than 10K on the clock. I fell in love with the looks of the car and the roominess and cargo hauling capability. The car has a good, solid highway ride and decent handling for a large car. The downside has been very spotty quality. Issues have included a new torque converter at 9K, leaky rear diff at 12K, an annoying squeak in the rear of the cabin that the dealer has "fixed" 3 times, and a very "clunky" 4 speed tranny. The visibility is really annoying as well. While I really like the car I'm wondering about the long term reliability given the big ticket warranty repairs I've needed.

Favorite Features

Style, style, style. This car is a stunner. The 3.5 liter motor has plenty of kick and returns decent mpg. It is a rock solid driving experience, very comfortable to drive, has great cargo capacity and a is fine highway cruiser.

Suggested Improvements

Well, it's discontinued so I guess improvments are a moot point.

Best Car I've Owned in 50 Years
By ocita

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I special ordered my 2008 Magnum SXT for delivery in the USA while serving in, Afghanistan. It currently has 50K miles on it, most of the miles from long-distance driving. It averages about 27 mpg at 65-70 mph. Out west, at altitudes above 5,000 ft, where the speed limit is 80, the mileage jumps to 33 mpg. Most of the miles on the car have been cross country. I was stopped by a police officer only once. The officer only wanted was to know the name of the color on the car. She loved the color. This is the most comfortable riding and reliable vehicle I have owned n 50 years. The only problem I have had in 5 years was a burned-out license plate light bulb.

Favorite Features

The SXT had most of the features I wanted as standard and just added the MyGig sound/GPS system, all-leather interior, 18" wheels, steel blue paint and some other nice little options. What I like most about it is its drivability, performance, handling, comfort, quietness and overall quality. I like being able to load all my favorite music CDs into the hard drive of the MyGig sound system. The MyGig sound quality is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Restart manufacture of the Magnum